The Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Man Reviews

May 25, 2016
Stupid, unfunny, boring, and feels like a "Bird on a Wire" rip-off.
½ February 1, 2016
You see that blurb on the DVD cover? Do not trust them when it comes to these type of films.
½ December 12, 2015
Bad movie but its fun to watch.
½ August 15, 2015
One of the worst films either one of the leads will ever make period
February 6, 2015
Stupid criticasters about this movie ...Me liked this simple action-comedy! SOMDVD
½ January 2, 2015
While it's not exactly Rush Hour or even The Other Guys, The Man hits the funny bone with enough laughs due to the comedic chemistry between Samuel L. Jackson and Eugene Levy.
½ October 30, 2014
An odd comedy that doesn't quite work. The 'chalk and cheese' duo premise is nothing new and although it unforgivably descends into toilet humour to try and scrape some laughs, it does have some amusing and entertaining moments in it.
June 6, 2014
The Man is as generic as they come. Despite the lack of originality and creativity, it remains a fun action comedy you can just chill and enjoy. Everyone knows these days that Samuel L Jackson will star in anything that comes his way, and alongside Eugene Levy as the awkward guy it can be a little hit and miss. Its a little tired and used formula but Eugene Levy does wells as the annoyingly irritating character to really grind his partners gears. At the end of the day, The Man, in parts is genuinely funny but can be cringeworthy and lame in others which makes the fact that its short and sweet a really good thing.
½ June 5, 2014
Funny enough.. but very plain.
½ April 4, 2014
Not as bad as reviewed, not good either but a feel good film
½ March 14, 2014
Maybe the most average comedies of the decade, if not ever. Jackson is clearly earning a wage whilst between projects, and everything feels like it is from at least another decade, and not in a good way. As a short sit that's mildly amusing/entertaining this is OK, but don't expect anything more.
February 21, 2014
Absolutely terrible comedy buddy movie. Bearing in mind that Samuel L. Jackson and Eugene Levy have built their careers playing pretty much the same characters in each of their respective movies, you don't even need to see this to know exactly what it's going to be like. Take some advice: skip it and spend your 90 minutes more profitably elsewhere.
December 6, 2013
Could not stop laughing. Is very funny.
½ October 15, 2013
It's F-ing hilarious...hehe
May 3, 2013
Who'z my *** lol ....... nice time pass movie
April 24, 2013
very funny and nice action movie!
½ April 10, 2013
My friend put this on during a break at work. It is absolutely the worst movie I have ever seen. It literally upset me emotionally and physically and when some of my co-workers actually laughed at some of the jokes I found myself losing respect for my friends. This movie literally affected my relationship with some of my co workers, holy shit that is a bad movie.
½ April 9, 2013
A little gem of a movie. People need to lay off the Novocain and laugh a little. This movie is not trying to win awards. Its an intentionally ridiculous comedy with a spiraling out of control story! Especially pitting two foiled characters together, the straight laced goofy everyman played by Eugene Levy and the hard hitting street cop played by Samuel L. Jackson. I still can't believe this hasn't gotten a sequel. It was so ripe, and one of those rare buddy cop movies that works so well! I myself don't usually like characters as annoying as Andy Fiddler, but Eugene Levy has such a goofy but lovable air about him. Even the Derrick Vann character is so one noted and too serious, but Samuel L. JAckson gives him a two dimensional face, the hard side and the mushy bottled up vulnerable side. Luke Goss as the over the top gangster is fun, but I don't think he gets much room to play. This is one of the comedies of 2000s that I can watch over and over. People might not like this movie and think it's ridiculous, but it's certainly not stupid.