The Maze - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Maze Reviews

½ November 13, 2012
76%

"We'll make him see a doctor, if he wants to or not."-Kitty Murray (Veronica Hurst)

All I'm saying is, I would have frog-stomped that manphibian, and had the biggest set of legs ever.

"I wouldn't go in there."-Simon (Owen McGiveney)
August 22, 2012
An intriguing and effective little horror movie that has the atmosphere of an early Universal gothic horror and story that could have been written by H.P Lovecraft. Effects let it down slightly; after all the suspense the full reveal of Richard Carlson's dark secret in the maze could seem a little ludicrous. The cast are good, Carlson his usual stoical self, but Veronica Hurst shines. Willaim Cameron Menzies was involved in Invaders from Mars the same year, a different movie, but one that shares a magical quality.
flixsterman
February 18, 2012
If you can get past the ridiculous premise and some crude special effects this isn't half bad. A clever combination of suspense, science fiction and herpetology.
November 5, 2011
A movie that started off great & kept you in suspense wanting to find out what the secret was that Gerald & his servants were trying to hide.When you do find out what it was they're trying to hide be prepared to be shocked & not in a good way.You'll probably either laugh or be like that's it!?
May 28, 2011
How did I miss this gem of 50s horror? Lovecraft influence obvious.
March 16, 2011
A great build-up with a corny, absurd ending made me wonder if production problems led to a hasty re-write of the script.
½ January 7, 2011
The Maze had a pretty good thing going... until the big mystery of Craven castle turned out to be a frog. I shit you not, the big reveal of the movie is a guy who came out of the womb underdeveloped... which according to the filmmakers equals bullfrog. Frustrating ending to say the least.
½ December 23, 2010
Full of all the clichà (C) bumps and shadows, this haunted house film is far more fun to watch than it probably should be. It feels like all kinds of ideas taken from better films, but the actors are competent and the sets, though cheep are effective. And just wait till the shocking reveal! Sure, this isn't a great film. But it is entertaining.
½ March 25, 2010
admittedly i came across this movie by chance but what an entertaining piece of nonsense i cant possibly tell you the twist in the end but believe me its a corker , please try and catch this movie the maze if you need a laugh whack it in the dvd and sit back n chuckle the blues away