The Music Box - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Music Box Reviews

September 13, 2016
one of the best shorts ever
July 22, 2016
It's not a laugh out loud every second sort of a thing, but if you don't have fun watching such an iconic little film with Laurel and Hardy pushing a piano up an insanely long staircase than that's your business.
June 25, 2016
This is to me the finest Laurel and Hardy film ever made, not to mention one of the greatest comedies or movies ever made. Period.
March 31, 2016
The finest comedy double act to have ever graced the screen in one of their finest performances ever. Slapstick at it's best.
August 5, 2014
My favorite all time skit.....FLAWLESS!!!!!!!
June 1, 2014
How can anyone not love any Hal Roach production?... Laurel and Hardy are a sure hit for an honest to goodness heartfelt laugh. I feel quite bad for the newer generations who will only be able to watch these great pieces on cable and not on broadcast TV as I and many millions did and grew up with.
June 23, 2013
Laurel and Hardy are a couple of piano movers who find it diffictlt to transport the piano to a house up a big flight of stairs. This is comedy perfection, with perfectly times gags that take full advantage of a simple subject. This was also the only Laurel and Hardy short to win an Academy Award.
April 8, 2013
L&H are great dancers, plus I adore Bill Gilbert as the Professor von Schwarzenhoffen!!
December 16, 2012
I remember seeing this on tv years ago when Leonard Maltin would introduce laurel and hardy films on tcm. Upon viewing it again via youtube (i know right!?) a lot of things began to upset me. Why on earth did they lug that piano all the way DOWN the stairs when they already got to the top? Why couldn't that asshole professor just walk around? Still funny.
October 3, 2012
Loud doesn't mean funny.
September 10, 2012
had some really good laughs out of this one but the gap between those laughs was a bit too long to make this a classic. I wouldn't really recommend this very much.
February 13, 2012
Laurel and Hardy's magnum opus.
September 27, 2011
Slapstick Laurel and Hardy, the slap stick meant that there was less interaction between the two which was a pity.
June 18, 2011
One of the best slapstick comedies.
½ June 12, 2011
Pretty amusing short by Laurel and Hardy from 1932. Part of tonight's line up of screwball comedies on Turner Classic Movies...
February 24, 2011
one of laurel and hardys best...........
January 9, 2011
More laughs than most movies three times its length.
zdravkoduck
October 14, 2010
September 6, 2010
Another mediocre Laurel and Hardy movie, sometimes funny sometimes not funny.