The One - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The One Reviews

July 13, 2016
I pretty terrible film. Mired in slo-mo and special effects, the fight scenes are crazy but too much to be taken at all seriously. The plot is generously called one just to set up the fight.
May 28, 2016
Action... This movie is nothing more than action wall to wall action with no substance. It's there to lighten up your eyes, but it leaves your brain in little time.
May 8, 2016
Nice kung-fu movie if you like Jet-Li and the aesthetics of a kung fu action movie with a sci-fi theme. Critics were too hard on this one!
½ February 1, 2016
OK this movie isnt going to be a classic but I think it deserves more than one star.
½ January 27, 2016
Gave this a re-watch recently and it still has a special place in my heart, corny plot twists and all. I also like that this was sort of the gateway into Jason Statham becoming more of an action star instead of more of a dramatic actor, which has been both a blessing and a curse as far as his later cinematic output has gone.

Well worth a rental.
½ December 4, 2015
Due to a coupon I had the theater PAID me fifty cents to see this movie. I was overcharged.
November 11, 2015
An example of the worst scifi possible.
½ October 13, 2015
Come on!! it's Jet Li
½ September 25, 2015
This film wasn't great, but it wasn't that bad either. Yes it has its flaws, I can agree that the special fx wasn't half that special, but I still enjoyed its fight sequences and the cast was good. It can be pretty entertaining, but OK overall.
½ August 22, 2015
Truly a bad story line
July 2, 2015
dans la même ligné que équilibrium... toute l histoire est expliqué dans les 5 premières minutes du film ensuite sa passe a jet li que bat du monde sur la toune Let the body hit the floor... WIN
½ June 18, 2015
This Jet Li movie is not 'The One', when there are so many better choices you could make.
June 10, 2015
Why F with edit LI's martial arts when in it of itself it's what sells the movie....idiots.
May 5, 2015
It's a shame that due to the time the movie was made, that filmmakers were trying to imitate the style of "The matrix" and others like it. Due to this, Jet Li's style of fighting is not properly displayed with the overuse of special effects and such that hinder the authentic look of the fighting. With the films brisk running time of about an hour and twenty minutes, the film speeds by and wastes no time getting to the action,but only when it's done right. I'm not convinced Li was the right choice to lead the film but he makes it entertaining nonetheless with a early Jason Statham along side of him. Overall, entertaining at times but more of a time waster than anything. The last scene was one of the best parts. C-
March 11, 2015
An obvious rip-off of The Matrix and other better science-fiction movies, though it's mildly entertaining.
½ January 29, 2015
A highlander-lite tale with some spectacle but little substance. Full review later.
½ December 5, 2014
A futuristic version of the Matrix, with new special effects techniques mixed gender action 80 years
October 18, 2014
Lot of action. Typical Jet Li. Nice idea for a story. A person from one universe find he can get stronger and more powerful if he kills his doubles from other dimensions.
September 8, 2014
There is plenty of quality action in this film.