Reviews

• Sep 03, 2008

Modern, exciting, sexy, riveting.

Modern, exciting, sexy, riveting.

• Mar 01, 2008

well. it was a fiasco. i appreciate the courageous attempt, though. the only satisfaction one can get might be through seeing David Gallagher. (not his acting skills by the way, yet he is a "beautiful" man. that is out of the question)

• Feb 17, 2008

I wanted to like this film, I really did. I was hooked on "7th heaven" and was surprised to to see Simon from that show with the lead role in this film. But too many jump cuts, fractured narrative and having to make too many leaps of faith that didn't make sense meant in the end this movie was pretty bad.

• Feb 17, 2008

"With an evening coat and a white tie, even a stock broker can gain a reputation for being civilized". Regrettably it didn't helped this time. Preposterous. macabre and vulgar. In modern way: fucked up bullshit!

• Feb 06, 2008

jeg ble ganske skuffet over denne filmen, og skjønte plutselig hvorfor den var så rimelig. Poor Oscar!

• Dec 24, 2007

I saw this at "Q-fest" and it was worse than a college film project. I can't believe I actually sat all the way through it. I'm sure if I hadn't been with someone i wouldn't have. It looked bad, the acting was absolutely horrendous and the little quasi-subliminal flashes to let us know things like someone has AIDS, as if we couldn't figure it out for ourselves made this an insulting waste of time that I will never have back.

• Nov 17, 2007

David Gallagher is beautiful

David Gallagher is beautiful

• Oct 07, 2007

I didn't even have fun watching this movie, which is very rare for me. It was uncomfortable, overly pretentious for what the result was, the acting was horrible, and even the looks of the movie (which I had hope for originally) grew old before I knew what happened . It seemed to be trying so hard to be something that it most definitely was not.

• Aug 22, 2007

Where the novel was a brilliant look at the vanity of culture, this film adaptation is the story of the brilliance of self-important art, which is fitting since it is little more than that itself. This is the kind of film that is so obsessed with how brilliant it thinks it is that they forgot to put any effort into making it good. It is the epitome of style over substance. The acting is horrible, the directing is self-indulgent, and the writing (with the exception of the brilliant original Oscar Wilde tidbits) is ridiculous. David Gallagher plays the title role like a model attempting to act for the first time. He is certainly pleasing to look at but he holds none of the charisma Dorian should have. Christian Camargo fits the Wilde style as Henry, Dorian's guide in life, however he is at a distance from the style of the film. His performance may come off as grating to some, however I see him as paying homage to Wilde and therefore it is the best performance of the film. I suppose I am so upset by this film because I loved the book for all its snobbishness and homoerotic undertones. It is a classic of the era and I couldn't be more disappointed with this horrible adaption.

• Aug 16, 2007

This was not a good movie, or adaptation at all. I was squirming in my seat the entire way through. Bad!