The Plank - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Plank Reviews

January 21, 2016
I find tommy copper moves and programs really funny and this ia one of the best.
August 12, 2014
One of the funniest films I have ever seen. My parents showed me this a while ago and I laughed so much that I started crying. While not being the most original comedy out there...wait a second, it doesn't need to! This is good ol' slapstick comedy at it's finest. This is an incredibly funny film that I think you all should watch!
January 20, 2014
A glorious time machine back into 60's London, as Cooper and Sykes career around the suburbs losing and finding their plank. Some of the gags may feel a little cliche at this stage and to some extent you wonder if some of the opportunity of having two such verbal geniuses has been missed in this non-verbal movie, but the comic timing and visual laughs keep it very enjoyable.
January 15, 2013
It's good but the original black & white short is an absolute masterpiece.
December 18, 2012
The much talked about British short that in my opinion wasn't as funny as I thought it would be.

It was more or less a silent film with clever slapstick but I found the short too long running at 45 minutes I could have been done in 20.

It's clever in it's own right & I did chuckle s few times but I found this a little over rated it's well worth a viewing though.
January 29, 2012
Svår film som är mer kult än bra i dagsläget.
October 4, 2010
brillint film every one should watch it
September 12, 2010
Svår film som är mer kult än bra i dagsläget.
May 26, 2010
I remember this is probably one of the first films that I watched as a child. It's nothing that special really, very slapstick humour, not really my cup of tea.
March 11, 2010
Classic british comedy :-)
November 13, 2009
The Classic British comedy, with such a simplistic idea and a small budget film, yet one that?s widely known and greatly put together.

Yes it does seem a little corny now, but only because so many people have copied this as a sketch over the years, it seems almost unoriginal when in fact this was the original.

A fun re-look at one of the older British comedies.
February 20, 2009
Perfect traditional British comedy. Very few words but funny as hell.
Hollywood just can't make humour like this this... sadly not even the Brits much anymore.
November 27, 2008
I Found This Hillarious When I First Saw It As A Kid. I watched It Over & Over As I Just Got It. The Humor Is Simple & Easy To Understand So It Is Great For Kids & The Young At Heart. Something Quick & Easy To Watch To Put You In a Better Mood.
June 24, 2008
SUPERB OLD COMEDY NO PULLING STUPID FACES OR SHOUTING LIKE 2 DAYS SHITE A LAUGH FROM START 2 FINISH
April 16, 2008
Laugh out loud funny. Can't beat Tommy Cooper
March 18, 2008
Classic british comedy that i loved when i was a kid and enjoyed it when i watched it again. Even better that it is with no dialogue
March 9, 2008
A comedy masterpiece, but yet so simple. Who would have thought 2 men and a plank of wood could cause so much havoc and laughter.
February 29, 2008
Did you know that Brian Tadman is in this film
February 27, 2008
(A) mostly (silent comedy)
November 28, 2007
Great film, see how many celebrities you can count and name.