The Pleasure Drivers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Pleasure Drivers Reviews

August 18, 2012
it's weird and hard to follow.
½ January 23, 2011
I watched this for free when I had nothing better to do and even that was a mistake... It's just weird, but not in a good way, it failed to keep me interested. I'd read bad reviews and wish I had taken their advice but I thought with it sounding like something i'd be into I would give it the benefit of the doubt. How wrong I was. There's a fairly good cast here and a good soundtrack but the plot was lame, they didnt even try to make it entertaining...there just seemed to be no effort whatsoever. Please don't waste your time watching this drivel. Skip to the end credits just to hear the awesome song 'Motel Room' by Victor's the best bit of the whole film.
½ October 11, 2010
I watched this because it was directed by Tarantino's DP Andrzej Sekula, but seriously, this is a piece of shit film. What a nihilistic mess
March 6, 2009
Supposedly three stories are told but its more like two. Two weak stories that end up becoming one weak story. The characters descriptions are more interesting than what's on screen.
February 27, 2009
much better then i had expected!
½ November 20, 2008
Very crappy movie, confusing to watch, made some sense in the end but wasn't worth the time and effort.
August 1, 2008
I give one star for each of the two main stories...nice random connections script writers. Very random. Random enough to make you go waaaaaaaaah? Oh and Lacey you little ho, little Claudia is definitely all grown up in this one!
½ July 17, 2008
Nice to see a movie that grounds your critical sensibilities and reminds you, "ah, yes, this is what a bad movie feels like."
May 14, 2008
very poor as well as unpleasant movie...
½ April 11, 2008
For the cast involved this goes beyond disappointing!!!! Slow, over-acted, and POINTLESS! If only there were a way of giving this rubbish negative stars.
January 7, 2008
Defenately odd, and very very basic, but something different ey I guess
½ December 29, 2007
Nobody likes this movie.
½ December 28, 2007
odd film....didnt make much sense. All the characters are suppose to be tied together somehow, yet you truly never know why. It just rambles on and jumps all over the place wth random events
December 17, 2007
I can sum up the movie in two sentences. A few random groups of people are connected in some way to each other without knowing it. Its not edgy and its not clever.

Watch it and you will see my two sentence summary was dead on. Angus Macfadyen or shall I say Robert the Bruce is annoying and its hard to focus on any scence that he is in. The only thing that helps his scenes are Lacey Chabert. It had a lot of hope, but came up empty.
½ December 13, 2007
A rather weird but strangely put together movie. This kind of thing is always being tried and well not so hitting the mark. However I did think it was amusing and a little funny for a movie taken out on a wim... The actual plot of the movie was really poor and the story quite bland but not a bad cast...
½ November 22, 2007
I give it a low rating becuase of how much it didn't do. The stories could've done so much more and the main chracter Lauren Holly was laughable. I wish they meshed out the stories more so the intertwinig could've been more surprising and realistic, when it all happened. The only reason I gove this sometimes funny but overly thought film tywo and a half stars is because of yes, I knwo I said laughable) lauren Holly's role the only one who had depth. so you can guess what the other charcater's had. And also the very sexy Lacey Chabert who was the most interesting one in the picture. Big props to Sekula though the Tarantino cinematographer made a semi-serious film as his directorial debut.
November 15, 2007
This movie won't have you on the edge of your seat.. but I don't think that's what they were aiming for, anyways. This is a slow-moving psychological study about sex and death.

This isn't for everyone - steer clear if you're more into big budget action or pulse-quickening suspense. This is a slow burn, but a decent one.
½ September 26, 2007
Boring boring boring! Was probably written by a psychology student. I was waiting for it to get moving but it never did. What a pile of crap.
½ September 11, 2007
Decent enough story.
½ August 3, 2007
This one left me with a slight feeling of unease.