The Resident - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Resident Reviews

August 16, 2016
Ineficiente, óbvio e completamente desnecessário, A Inquilina ofende ao duvidar da capacidade intelectual do espectador, usando maneirismos batidos para criar suspense e personagens que beiram o incompreensível de tão estúpidos. Há um momento específico onde um flashback, aos 30 minutos de projeção, surge e repete as cenas que ocorreram até então, com algumas modificações, para apresentar a natureza de determinado personagem como se esta já não fosse clara no trailer e no próprio pôster do filme. Consegue criar alguma tensão no desfecho, mas nem a presença da duplamente 'oscarizada' Hilary Swank (que tem feito filmes péssimos) salva A Inquilina de ser um desastre completo.
July 16, 2016
Repeated story ...but still keeps you to follow the whole movie till end
½ May 5, 2016
Nothing original and nothing special in this "thriller." There is no suspense as you know the villain from the start. There are some creepy scenes in that JDM plays his role well. Hilary Swank is hot as usual. Disappointing outing for her.
½ January 11, 2016
I liked the cast of this one well enough, and the action isn't bad, but it honestly never got as scary or sleazy as I kind of expected it to. It's a decent time-waster for a bored on the couch afternoon, so take from that what you will.

Rental?
½ September 4, 2015
Hilary Swank is a fine actress, but the plot had a few disappointing elements.
July 3, 2015
Another stalker film. This is a really lame subgenre. Super boring. The chase dragged out and was just dumb. Compared to other stalker films, this one was bad. Just pretty boring with a subpar plot about some landlord dude who us obsessed with a woman he sees at a hospital, stalks he and sells her an apartment for next to thing. Bland bland bland.
½ May 19, 2015
The movie is not very good, but the main stars, Hilary Swank and Jeffrey Dean Morgan, are fantastic! They are my favorite actors. Can't believe stars of this caliber did this terrible movie. It's what they call a "take the money and run" movie. I find myself watching it each time it's televised only to see the stars. They are so talented. Hope they do better movies.
½ November 6, 2014
Slow and somewhat predictable.
October 1, 2014
This started off very promisingly,not knowing who the stalker was : it could be the landlord,the grandfather,the ex etc...but once you find out early in the film it just plods and plods and becomes formulaic and predictable...shame.
September 22, 2014
WOW.....WOW....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO SO SO BAD, MAN THIS MOVIE IS JUST SO COMPLETLEY DREADFUL, ITS AWFUL, ITS RUBBISH, MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A REALLY REALLY WEAK SCRIPT, ITS SO BD ACTING THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE, WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....MAN THIS IS SUCH A DREADFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS THAT BAD, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, ITS JUST SUCH A REALLY BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS, ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE BUT, MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFU MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO BAD IT IS JUST RUBBISH, IT IS SO WEAK ACTING, THE SCRIPT IS SO POOR IT IS A DREADFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO BAD ITS JUST A COMPLETLEY DREADFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO BAD BAD BAD
August 31, 2014
I will watch anything that has Jeffrey Dean Morgan in it.
July 11, 2014
glad I only Redbox'ed it
July 2, 2014
Kinda liked this one. Worth a watch.
April 3, 2014
i cant believe i watched this but it wasnt bad at all in my opinion...a little unreal bu hey thats the movie biz. i liked it.
½ March 6, 2014
Familiar looking situational horror-cum-chiller, although it's well produced and has a style, however there's so many of these films around it's predictable.
February 18, 2014
overall great movie, sad truth is there are people like that in this world. but seeing Jeffrey Dean Morgan as the bad guy was a little heartbreaking for me.
February 1, 2014
The problem with this film was the casting, Jeffery Dean Morgan is let's face it a dream boat, he'd have women queuing round the block, he's no Anthony Perkins, so Hilary Swanks rejections of his advances are completely unbelievable to every female watching the movie, who are all screaming " come and stalk me" and rather than find his arrival in her apartment in the dark hours as the fullfillment of their secret dreams not scary. It's not that he's a bad actor but gorgeous is gorgeous , and the thought of him lying under you bed licking your out stretched hand, well need I go on. So next time they make the sad, loner, obsessive movie try harder to caste someone who has half a chance of creeping out the female members of the audience and not someone who has the opposite effect. Worth watching but just to see Jeffery Dean Morgan and you too can enjoy the frustration of thinking " get in there Hilary, what's up with you ".
½ January 26, 2014
Hilary Swank is a fine actress and she really delivers in this menacing and twisted thriller. From the first night she spends in her new apartment dread and fear start to build up as does the atmosphere, Hilary Swank has this look of terror in her eyes and it really pulls you in. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is excellent, he is rather terrifying in this movie as his character's obsession with Swank gets worse and worse, eventually leading to horrific events. I think the best bit scene in The Resident is Swank watches the CCTV recordings and finds out Max drugs her and does these bad things to her, it's absolutely terrifying. After that moment the last fifteen minutes is a nail biting, scary cat and mouse chase in a claustrophobic setting, I loved The Resident, it's a very effective chiller despite uneven direction and some stilted dialogue delivery.
January 16, 2014
This film has bad reviews but I quite enjoyed it. Creepy weird sick pervy guy rents apartment to a female doctor. People like this really exist, sickos. He get what he deserved in the end although I think I would have shot him in the balls with the nail gun and let him suffer for a while first
January 11, 2014
66%

Has one really creepy moment, other then that, it's pretty standered, by the numbers thriller. Minus the thrills. If you want a creepy 'man in the wall' flick, check out CRAWL SPACE.