The Return of Chandu (Chandu's Return) (The Return of Chandu the Magician) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Return of Chandu (Chandu's Return) (The Return of Chandu the Magician) Reviews

½ October 26, 2015
Absolutely plodding serial. Horrible acting, even worse music. Ugh, ugh and ugh.
½ July 11, 2014
year s/b 1934 not 2000 c'mon flixter bela was dead in 2000!
½ September 8, 2010
The first movie was great, I don't know why they felt that Chandu needed to return, and without Lugosi playing the bad guy. This movie is just horrible.
½ July 25, 2010
I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one with audio problems, this movie sounded like it was dubbed by Charlie Brown's parents! The plot is horrible too, it's so simple: the princess is in danger, she's kidnapped, they save her, she is almost kidnapped again, and then saved again.... It was so boring.
December 1, 2008
Another laughable Lugosi film. Watch it stoned LOL
April 2, 2008
pretty good b movie fare
January 16, 2008
Not really much here besides Lugosi. It's clearly evident that this is a cut down version of the serial.
½ September 7, 2007
I may have appreciated this film more if I could hear what was being said. I couldn't follow this film if it gave me a road map. What's strange is that Bela Lugosi plays the hero in it...yet he channels his typical Dracula tendencies...cape, magical lit up eyes, strange hand gestures and hypnosis. I really wonder if he knew how to do anything else. What surprises me even more is this was one of many Chandu films. The only good thing about this film is the Pee Wee Herman lookalike. Perhaps a distant relative? Perhaps it doesn't matter because this movie is crap.
September 6, 2006
no way very very bad haha