The Revenant - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Revenant Reviews

½ October 17, 2016
Una de las mejores y más originales historias de vampiros - zombies de los últimos años.
June 1, 2016
Very funny then gets very dark. Aside from some awful cgi bullet wounds, a brilliant movie. More violent than The Revenant. It has one thing that most movies welch on, a cool ending.
½ May 13, 2016
Sick and fun horror / dark comedy about a dead soldier who has become a revenant (sort of a cross between a zombie and a vampire). It gets pretty dark, but it sure is fun.
March 30, 2016
The Revenant is is a dark comedy horror flick with refreshing spin on the vampire/zombie genre.
November 3, 2015
Awesome film. Pretty random concept. Fun, funny, not too brutal, action-packed take on the vampiric zombie concept. Definitely worth watching, can't recommend enough. Most likely, highly underrated.
½ August 14, 2015
This film was so full of potential: a pulp film that mixed gore, comedy and action with a unique approach to the main character and an interesting stance in moralty. Sadly the film is uneven and feels like a missed opportunity. There are parts of this film I really enjoyed and other parts not so much. All things considered this may be another cult classic.
February 27, 2015
Such an awesome movie, its like a badass action version of Idle hands. If you like horror comedies, this is definitely one not to miss.
½ January 10, 2015
You're decomposing man!!
November 25, 2014
one of those 'i liked it but i'm not sure why'
September 30, 2014
If there were a zero-stars rating, this film would have it. nasty story, ugly underlying philosophy, and plenty of gore to titillate sick teenagers and young adults. Why anyone would pay ten cents to watch this piece of crap is beyond me. Hell--I felt cheated even though I watched it for free on TV--two hours of my life gone forever.
September 28, 2014
I liked it! It is not your conventional zombie flick, it combined some elements of vampirism into it as well with a nice little boost from some comedic elements and a great twist at the very end I found it highly entertaining.
September 27, 2014
What a strange and enjoyable movie this is. Can't adequately describe what this movie is even about. I like horror movies and dark comedy and both elements were well done here. Really unique idea and great characters as well.
½ July 4, 2014
The more the revenant goes, the darker and funnier it gets. Its an incredibly clever and fun film, a hidden gem.
June 8, 2014
The movie is sold like a comedy. The idea is pretty interesting, however the movie is too long and it is not funny at all. Ok, I could smile once or twice, but it does not worth to watch it, unless you have time and nothing else better to do.
March 1, 2014
At first it was like boondock saints, but with zombies, changed up a bit toward the end. Enjoyable film.
February 24, 2014
"It is one of the smarter horror comedies created in the past few years and well worth a watch". Agreed
February 24, 2014
My wife is not normally fond of this genre and she liked it - that is high praise . It's funny , gory, and quite inventive . You will not soon forget the scene with the sex toy .
February 21, 2014
hahaha... ok.... slutet.... tror någon är trött på det som pågår därborta...
Lite för mycket ibland... men...
½ February 6, 2014
This is certainly darker than I would normally expect from a dark comedy, but it is a lot of fun. If you're looking to have a lighthearted laugh, this movie is not for you. The morale I got from this movie is that, you may feel on top of the world when you're having fun, but you will have to come down eventually and when you come down, you will come down hard.
½ December 24, 2013
Not bad. Not great. Great song in the final sequence. Shaggies -'find you waiting'