The Riverman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Riverman Reviews

October 8, 2015
adding based on Joe Bob Briggs' recommendation
July 10, 2015
I'm usually disappointed in most true crime films about serial killers, but Bruce Greenwood's performance held my interest throughout.
June 19, 2015
This was a TV movie done by A&E based on Keppel's book. I heard that he thought the movie turned out well enough so since it was on Netflix, I watched it. It was good for what it was. You could see that CSI influenced the look and feel of the movie. It was interesting. They benefited from the cast because without the skills of Elwes and Greenwood, this could have been a very boring movie.
½ May 31, 2013
Surprisingly boring.
½ December 9, 2011
Friday, December 9, 2011

(2004) The Riverman
HORROR

Although it is based on the Green River kiilings somewhere in Seattle, and supposedly based on a true story taken from a book about Ted Bundy assisting ex- police officer turn teacher, it is also a low budget carbon copy of more bigger budgeted serial killing movies particularily "Silence Of The Lambs"!

2 out of 4
½ February 9, 2010
Classy adaptation of the real life story that inspired Silence of the Lambs, with Elwes suitably creepy as Bundy. But this is Greenwood's film, it's his protrayal of a man wrestling with confronting real evil that gives the film it's core.
January 20, 2010
Rivermaan was a pretty decent flick but I had a hell of a time watching it. I kept falling asleep! Elwes plays a great Ted Bundy. It was nice to see something about him in a movie. He is my favorite psycho rly.
Watch it for free if you get a chance. Save your dollars for a better rental.
½ September 21, 2009
A simplified version of the actual events, based on Robert Keppel's book and his conversations with Ted Bundy and hunt for the Green River Killer. Cary Elwes delivers one of his best and most chilling performances as Bundy.
January 27, 2009
Cary Elwes plays Ted Bundy in this film & does a mighty fine job of it!
November 25, 2008
wow what a movie 2 watch...its got a really good cast of actors/actresses thorughout this movie its a good Drama, Mystery & Suspense movie 2 watch its got a good director behind this movie i think that the director done a good job of directing this Drama, Mystery & Suspense movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie its good n enjoyable as well
October 13, 2008
Some nice touches and good performances makes this TV movie very watchable.
August 1, 2008
Enjoyable made for cable account of Robert Keppel's consultation of Ted Bundy in the hunt for Gary Ridway, the Green River Killer. The limitations of being a TV movie harm the film somewhat (no violence, restrained dialogue, etc.), making for a somewhat sanitized account. Keppel's book is far more entertaining.

The direction by Bill Eagles (who has the "disntinction" of having helmed the worst Dracula adaptation I have ever seen) basically resembles the work he has done on the CSI episodes he directed. Which works but is kind of obvious and unimaginitive.

In terms of the cast, Cary Elwes does an excellent job playing Bundy. I'm not a fan of his at all but he looks enough like Ted and more importantly takes the role seriously, unlike Michael Reilly Burke (in TED BUNDY), who played the role as a buffoon. The actor who portrays Ridgway (I can't remember his name and it's not listed here) looks REMARKABLY like the real Green River Killer, and does an excellent job of recreating Ridgway's mannerisms. On the other hand, Bruce Greenwood is his typical wooden self in the pivotal role of Keppel (he's miscast anyway; the real Bob Keppel looks more like Roger Ebert).

Worth watching if it reruns on A&E, but nothing special.
May 10, 2008
Old school thriller that make you realise how sick Ted Bundy and people like him really was.