The Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior Reviews

½ May 12, 2016
Pure crap, WWE's attempt at the time to cover up Warrior's legacy due to Vince McMahon's petty problems with James Hellwig. Uses embellished so-called facts to establish an obvious bias in the storytelling. Anyone who watches this film should know beforehand that nearly everything in this film is some eschewed version of history and they should do their own independent research outside of this film.
½ December 4, 2013
I memorized his speeches! Loved it!
December 3, 2012
The harsh truth of one of the greatest Wrestlers in history
November 14, 2012
Nothing amazing as a documentary
April 3, 2012
Do not watch this bitter ilconceived garbage. Unprofessionaly producded,with biased commentaries.

This film hides Vince McMahon's personal vendetta and hostile feelings towards the man who wrestled as the Ultimate Warrior.

Although some instances were well told and put into perspective the overall approach is that of a derogatority nature towards a man who put alot of time and effort, hard work,and dedication into his craft.

There are many perspectives to the short lived wrestling career of the UW, but this production only manages to display the unfavorable aspects and events that went array, placing most of the blame on the Warrior, when in actuality you have to wonder how much the company was responsible for.

If anything can be learned from this highlight reel of the many hits and misses of UW's career, its that when u go into any profession with so much enthusiasm and passion ,and drive, its easy to loose your cool and make hasty decisions, possibly ignore the delicate politics of business relation. Although his character was highly creative and imaginable, he often took things to the extreme which got him into trouble.

Perhaps the Warrior let his emotions get the best of him, and maybe the same can be said for Vince McMahon but, the Warrior will always hold a memorable and profound place in wrestling history.

His character might have been looked upon as being too one sided and too over the top.

Looking back at his career, you might say he crashed and burn, but
He was a major staple of the late 80s and early 90s that fit like a glove, and will always represent unbriddled energy power and intensity.
March 14, 2012
As a life long wrestling fan I was never a fan of the Ultimate Warrior. I won't deny his popularity @ the time but a fan..never. In fact I was pissed when Hulk Hogan lost to him @ Wrestlemania VI. @ the time w/ what was supposed to be a passing of the torch match I couldn't think of anybody more undeserving. After watching The Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior I am not alone in that feeling as many of those inside the business had (& have) no respect for him. In the business of professional wrestling the I would say the respect of your peers is worth more then the respect from the fans. Warrior through his lack of actual talent & his own actions failed to obtain that. Remembered in the annals of wrestling history as something a little different & the fact that he made the WWF a lot of money on merchandising he is the greatest paper bag champion of all time
½ March 10, 2012
Pointless waste of time
November 15, 2011
he is a crazy manic but good dvd
September 1, 2011
This was just terrible due to the one sided story where Warrior had a bad relationship with Vince thus paying and scripting wrestlers into liars about a person. Thus this is a terrible piece of shit.
½ June 1, 2011
This DVD and its lies sicken me as most of this is completely one sided based on people who are closed to Vince Mcmahon who had a bad working relationship with Warrior. Clearly, with a noticeable fact that they called Warrior to work with him on this project, he rejected because he didn't want to work with their company merchandise of lies.

This was completely false regarding on how Ultimate Warrior was as a bad person who viewed things his way.

Just because you don't agree in a big business, they'll do anything to ruin your name.
½ March 26, 2011
Shows you what a greedy prick the Ultimate Warrior really was..
March 22, 2011
Didn't know it was this serious. He demanded money from Vince and refused to perform at Summer Slam. Wow...
March 14, 2010
great movie about the warrior.
February 17, 2010
as a human this guy is anything but--as a cartoon he was ULTIMATELY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 16, 2010
The Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior was a huge success on two fronts: It made me hate Ultimate Warrior and wish I was watching wrestling in the 80's. It's biggest problem is that it just doesn't need to be 90 minutes long. Superfluous information abounds but it's still a good, if bias, watch.
October 20, 2009
The Ultimate Warrior couldnt wrestle & couldnt cut a promo but still had it all & screwed up everything
June 11, 2009
This movie is Foked!
April 6, 2009
Starts off rather complimentary and then turns into a Warrior bash-a-thon. Pretty funny stuff. I think Warrior kinda deserves this, he seems like a douche. If you watch one of his "lectures" on YouTube, you can tell he's full of crap. Be sure to watch the extra on this DVD where Christian imitates the Warrior's Wrestlemania 6 promo. Hilarious!
February 14, 2009
Honestly I was looking for The Warriors and this came up instead. I've never seen this and I'm not a wrestling fan, in fact I absolutely give not even the slightest bit of a shit about the subject, but I REALLY like that title.
MizasterJ