The Shark Is Still Working - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Shark Is Still Working Reviews

March 10, 2014
An excellent documentary about how one of the best movies ever made came to be
September 13, 2013
Very informative and entertaining. This documentary doesn't so much as show how the film Jaws was made, but it's impact and legacy. It's main focus is the first film, which itself shows much history. Many interviews, images, clips, and so much more. It's easy to tell that much love went into the making of this, and I highly recommend it.
May 26, 2013
Excelente documental !!!!
½ March 25, 2013
Finally, after six years, they are releasing this with the Blu-Ray version of Jaws!!!
½ March 19, 2013
A detailed account not of the filming of Jaws, but of the phenomena surrounding the film. It's good to see what must have been some of the last interviews with main players in the success of Jaws before their deaths.
March 3, 2013
Probably the best Documentary I have ever seen! I give it 5 stars because I don't think anything less is worthy. Its on the Jaws Blu Ray give it a look.
½ December 15, 2012
This is a must for fans of "Jaws". A thorough and entertaining history on the making of "Jaws" that works complimentary to the other doc, "The Making of Jaws". Check it out!
December 10, 2012
Definitely worth seeing. It's rare that you get previously unseen Jaws material all these years later. I could've done without some of the current director commentary, but small quibble. This is a fun doc.
November 28, 2012
Excellent documentary. Ever want to know how Spielberg felt the moment he found out he didn't get a best director nomination for Jaws? Find out here.
October 21, 2012
Although not really offering any new insight, this documentary on the making of Jaws earns some kudos with tales from some of the minor players
½ September 24, 2012
The ultimate Jaws Documentary
August 27, 2012
One of the absolute best Jaws documentaries you will ever see
August 25, 2012
Reasonable documentary that discusses the effects "Jaws" had on the film industry, and on Martha's Vineyard, where it was filmed. There are lots of good interviews with key filmmakers and actors. The downside, however, is in interviewing at-the-time "hot-shot" directors like M. Night Shyamalan, Bryan Singer, etc. who ended up being at-best one-hit wonders. So, their appearances now seem very dated. The production is fairly flat at TV-like. There isn't much flow, and it seems like more of a special features piece than a stand-alone doc.
August 21, 2012
Most comprehensive documentary ever made on Jaws.
½ August 15, 2012
Fantastic. I kind if wish they had featured the sequels a little more. But a must for any JAWS fan.
August 10, 2012
Fantastic. Loved it since I was a kid and first scary movies I saw in late 70's. Its a timeless classic,always.
August 10, 2012
It was a good documentary about the cult classic JAWS I enjoyed a look back to a movie I love it was so good still is to this day
June 30, 2012
Well, I'm certainly biased here as I've been friends w/ Erik since we were teenagers working as PA's on a TV movie whereas we learned Jaws was our favorite film. In addition, I crewed/assisted w/ lighting the Jawsfest interviews in 2005. It should be known that I personally prefer the 3hr 2min version (I'm interviewed in it as well), but as studio things go it had to be cut down to 1hr 40min. BUT, BOTH versions are certainly superb & I am already anticipating the much awaited Bluray & THIS documentary actually delves into stories that haven't been told. So, for any fan of the film I think they will be pleasantly surprised.
January 7, 2012
Jaws is my favorite Spielberg film, I have to see this!
June 14, 2010
if you want a definitive documentary on JAWS, you're not going to do much better than this. even steven spielberg - notoriously loathe to discuss his second film - appears in a good chunk of hollander's labour of love.

absolutely exhaustive, THE SHARK IS STILL WORKING sheds more light on the production and legacy of one of the last new hollywood films than any special-edition dvd extra ever will.

if you're interested in this, try to see it in its present cut, while it's still on the festival circuit. i have a suspicion that the final release is going to be heavily edited, and not for the better.