The Shortcut - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Shortcut Reviews

½ March 14, 2012
its not really as scary as it tries so hard to be. and it has an idea of an original plot that turns out not a plot at all. i grant there was some suspence but it was awkward
½ January 14, 2012
The ending ruined it for me.
January 8, 2012
it had me scream and yes it was so scarey!
December 2, 2011
Quite stupid and predictable but I can't help it,I'm a sucker for this type of movies :P
½ October 31, 2011
Crazy killer brother and the unintelligent teenages. Its ok for a PG-13 rating. If is was R rated, they could have made the scenes better.
October 23, 2011
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 4, 2011
Well, it's atrocious. Unwatchable. It spends and ungodly amount of time on the kids hanging out together, not establishing character mind you, just with a camera sitting on them while they spit out the most inane teen movie dialog. It continues in neutral on Derek's attempts to get Christy which doesn't appear to take much wooing at all go get her. Even this doesn't appear to be a challenge. The movie is completely devoted to the teens for a good solid hour, in which no, zero, threat or challenge is presented. The stakes couldn't be lower. Outside of the Scary Madison logo, there isn't an ominous moment in the film. It seems I've officially given more thought to The Shortcut than anyone involved did. Sandler's cult following will find some reason to lap it up, but my hope is that The Shortcut does not become part of a series of Sandler produced horror movies. The story is awful, the script is worse, the production is worse than that and Shannon Woodward deserves a whole lot better.

VERDICT: "Some Ole' Bulls**t" - Second lowest rating (Negative reaction). These films are truly terrible films. They are not the worst things ever made, but they are definitely awful and should not be seen by anyone.
September 4, 2011
Was an alright flick with the usual horror movie tropes. The ending was just a bit too far, but it had a half decent storyline
Japes
August 7, 2011
This movie was really bad. It was like all cliches. Like the woods, the crazy man in the woods, the psycho children, etc. Seen it alllll before.

The cliches and underdeveloped actors is what makes this horror film like every other one in the world. It's boring and stupid. The biggest thing I had with this film was the editing. It was so sloppily put together. Like they had flashbacks just thrown in random places....I guess to give the audience some background information? But it was really inappropriate for the film. There was a backstory, but they had to use flashbacks in order to tell the story and the flashbacks were all crappily placed in the film. It was really stupid. I didn't like the flashbacks. The whole movie's plot wasn't neat and organized at all. First they were looking for a dog, then it turned into breaking and entering someone's house, then it turned into a "rescue" mission/murder scene. Didn't it occur to the kids just to ask the man in the house if he saw his dog? Or couldn't the kid have called the police to report the dead domesticated dog on the man's property? I mean do these kids think at all or are they just naturally dumbasses? The kids were dumb and in my opinion deserved to die.
August 7, 2011
No gore and No tits = one shitty pg horror movie.This is going in to trade in pile for sure
August 1, 2011
You won't be scared silly, but for a horror movie to take such a low-key approach, focusing on characters and situations seems like a radical departure. Definetly a step up for teen horror films,RENT IT!!!
July 31, 2011
So bad, the attractive actress was the only reason I was interested in watching at all.....
½ July 28, 2011
Well, here it is. Happy Madison's very first horror movie, I never thought i'd see the day. Anyways, it was a descent horror flick. Nothing special here, pretty much an average horror plot about a group of teenagers thinking an old man is responsible for the town's recent murders. The scares were weak, the acting was ok, and the twist was alright. Nothing new here.
July 28, 2011
This movie was fine. nothing more.... It contained all the usual ingredients that make a horror. New family in town, an urban legend which no one should check out, pretty girls, people dying and to finish ... a twist at the end....so if you want to kill some time this movie is great for doing that.....
July 19, 2011
Not really a great horror film :(
July 17, 2011
Pretty chill movie, not amazing but hey, it has a great plot line. I never found my self scared, but I did enjoy the movie.
½ July 8, 2011
Alright, so Cerie from 30 Rock is the only reason I watched this. Beyond that, this Sandler low budget "classic" probably isn't recommended.
½ June 26, 2011
pft. not gory. dinaan sa sound effects... just like Wrong Turn.
½ June 20, 2011
I could have written a better script than this in my sleep.