Reviews

• Panta O Super Reviewer
    Aug 25, 2012

[img]http://dafilms.com/media/thumbnails/gallery/2012/05/11/0001-shutka-book-of-records_jpg_700x394_q85.jpg[/img] On the outskirts of the capital of Macedonia - Skopje, built on the former city dump area is the suburb of Shutka... a place of the most colourful characters on the Balkan - I personally guarantee that, because I meet them so many times! Shutka is actually the Balkans largest Romale (gypsy) community, and is a valley of untroubled ease and happiness and one of the poorest corners in Europe. There is no place like it - so many craftsmen of most improbable ingenuity in one place with the passions going rampant daily: the town-dwellers award their local cappuccino drinking champs and owners of the largest Versace collections, exchange cassettes of dated Turkish music, bring together goose-fights and vampire-slaying fetes, they even have their own interpreter of Bible and the most powerful conjurer in Europe... [img]http://www.dokweb.net/admin/user_img/lucina_movie/prev/512_8670569994a6ee7072b954.jpg[/img] This documentary is refreshingly funny, surreal, and almost perfectly done. The director Aleksandar Manic once brings to life and attempts to restore on film the colourful kaleidoscope of events embodying the buoyant aura of the pre-war Yugoslavia. And outstanding Jasar Destani, Bajram Severdzan and many more real locals are helping him with all their might. [img]http://www.eastsilver.net/admin/user_img/lucina_movie/prev/512_13331198034ac4c6d212380.jpg[/img] A must for everyone who loves a good laugh! Enriching and enchanting! [img]http://i2.listal.com/image/2053621/500full.jpg[/img]

• Dec 27, 2010

truly outside the box, splendid.

truly outside the box, splendid.

• Dec 25, 2010

per chiunque ami la cultura romaní <3

per chiunque ami la cultura romaní <3

• Nov 21, 2010

Captivating, Warm, Ãber-Funny, Enlightening & other similar words!

Captivating, Warm, Ãber-Funny, Enlightening & other similar words!

• Nov 06, 2009

Either Bruno or Borat stands pale in comparison to Shutka's denizen...I am little bit perturbed by the connotation of Islam in this movie...that aside... this is a mind opening, perfectly layered, socially undertone documentary...all in all a fascinatingly bizarre and peculiar film...if you think you're the champion...wait until you see this one... :)

• Dec 14, 2008

one of the finest documentaries I've ever seen.

one of the finest documentaries I've ever seen.

• Jun 29, 2008

Stvarno, ali stvarno je dobro. Bila u Å utki i zaista je tako.

Stvarno, ali stvarno je dobro. Bila u Å utki i zaista je tako.

• Jun 06, 2008

supercool. have to see

supercool. have to see

• May 26, 2008

Bonkers. I especially loved the glee on that man's face when he said he stole stuff from peoples graves.

• Apr 15, 2008

I don't like this movie - I LOVE IT!!! There's no way you won't be thinking about it for at least a week after you've seen it. And I haven't met anyone who hasnt laughet to ttears while watching it. Brilliant movie :)