The Singles Ward - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Singles Ward Reviews

August 19, 2012
It is right on with a lot of funny things!!
August 7, 2012
This movie is very funny and too true.
March 19, 2012
I love this movie its one of my fav. Mormon movies of all time :D
½ May 10, 2010
Halestorm showed a lot of promise with this first movie, an excellent one for those who want to understand the LDS faith and for those who are already members.
May 10, 2010
[font=Times New Roman]Ok if you understand how you feel when you see a cheezy comedy but still....it makes you laugh and cry and junk...Than that's what you got here. The SIngles Ward was the first Comedy About Mormons, for Mormons, by Mormons.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman][/font]
[font=Times New Roman]In a Ferris Bueller type narration, a man named Jonathan Jordon, a member of the Church, has slipped down that path of Church inactiveness. So it's obvious the ward is trying to reach out...and in a montage of scenes we see how many ways they usually try to, and what Jonathans responces are. We first see"We're having a ward Barbeque! THought you might like some Chicken..." (the line is said hilariously and the facial expressions knock you out), The next we see "Our releif society baked some cakes and we thought you might want one!" and The other is "Hey Brother, Our wards going Paint Balling we thought you might wanna join us". His responces...In order are...[/font]
"Oh sorry...I'm a vegetarian", "Oh....sorry guys I'm on a diet", and "I'm not allowed to handel fire-arms...I dunno if Paint Ball guns count but I can always ask my probation officer".

All in all though...their is a romace story thrown in with this quirky comedy....and it's Hilarious...

8/10 FREsh
½ April 22, 2010
I thought this Movie Was SOOOO Super Cute and Really Funny :) :) :)
Loved it :) :) :) it makes me miss the church again I think I am going to start going to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints again I was stupid for leaving to begin with
½ April 1, 2010
Though it's horribly kitch now- it was clever in it's day.
½ March 7, 2010
Unlike some other reviewers on Flixter, I got that this movie was mostly a satire on the Mormon lifestyle. It is kind of stupid in parts, the ending is unrealistic, and the production values are not the greatest (greatly improved on the follow-up film, The R.M.), it still is pretty funny. I laughed out loud many times.
November 9, 2009
I love this movie its one of my fav. Mormon movies of all time :D
½ January 24, 2009
I love this movie. How is the soundtrack?
January 16, 2009
I wasn't sure what to think when I first heard about this movie (my sisters told me about it and explained that it was made by motion picture majors from BYU) but after watching it, it was so hysterical. And yes, if you're not a Mormon you may be scratching your head over some scenes. At least I understand the scene about the Ford Pinto!!
November 21, 2008
Well it IS a marriage mill... for some, anyways.
Good movie though.
½ September 3, 2008
By far the best of the church comedies.
½ August 10, 2008
A cute funny movie. If you're non-LDS you might want to pick something else because it requires some LDS culture knowledge to be enjoyed.
July 14, 2008
Good start for the mormon comedic genre.
June 18, 2008
This was actually pretty hilarious - and TOO true
½ June 6, 2008
Very very bad. Embarrassing.
May 30, 2008
it had its laughs... very mormon-utah.
½ May 28, 2008
A lot of inside jokes -- but if you're LDS, you'll understand. A bit on the plodding side at times, but the characters are well worth it. The mission call scene is worth the entire movie.
May 24, 2008
I like it beacuse it reminds me of my singles ward! I can't stop laughing because it's so ture!