The Suicide Song - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Suicide Song Reviews

September 13, 2015
It's stupid in every possible waaay
February 4, 2012
Yes, another Japanese movie I'm reviewing. I love horror movies, deal with it. Enjoyed the storyline but movie was a little lacking for me. Dunno why but the ending was nicer than the beginning. Overall, not too bad but most probably not gonna watch this again.
June 26, 2011
OK, the Beatles had a Hard Day's Night, Prince had Purple Rain, Paul McCartney had Give My Regards to Broad Street, Rick Springfield had Hard to Hold, the Spice Girls had Spiceworld, and at least two of the AKB48 girls have Suicide Song, an uneven movie that tries to be equal parts Sono Shion's Suicide Club, mystery/drama, and light comedy. Unfortunately, it turns out to be nothing but a vehicle written just to promote the two big members of the famed Japanese combo pop group.

With no redeeming characters, a few bloody scenes, and a story that drags on and on about a song that causes the person who sings it to snuff themselves, the end result is lame.
November 15, 2010
OK, esta pelĂ­cula tĂ (C)cnicamente es mala, pero de todos modos disfrutĂ (C) viendola. La razĂłn? Porque en el elenco principal salen varias del grupo musica de J-Pop, AKB48. Esa fuĂ (C) la razĂłn para verla y por consiguiente el motivo de que la haya disfrutado. Ellas actuan bien y la trama propone varias cosas interesante, comentan temas del dĂ­a a dĂ­a en JapĂłn que uno considerarĂ­a taboo. Pienso que si hubiera puesto un poco de ganas en el factor de asustar, hubieran logrado un producto muy bueno. Recomendada solo si eres fan de AKB48, y si lo eres, fijo debes verla ;)
½ December 20, 2009
This is supposed to be a scary movie of a song that makes people committ suicide - but it's not that frightening at all. In reality this is just one big advert for idol group AKB48 - not that I'm complaining as I love them. Suicide Song has a weak plot, parts of the movie doesn't make any sense and the acting is terrible (sorry girls - better stick to your music). At times you feel the plot is just dragging on and on making it dull. To be honest I wouldn't bother with this movie. I'd only recommend this to die-hard AKB48 fans.
October 31, 2009
Si es de Ryuhei Matsuda, tengo que verla.
½ January 8, 2009
ameh.. skit oxĺ... horror my ass..
December 22, 2008
Suicide Song was interesting but not scary. It has some beautiful scenes in it. Some creepiness and the story really isn't complicated. Although it took me a bit to figure out who's singing the suicide song that kills people.
November 15, 2008
Japanese humor is very...odd and random but it's still entertaining! Very creative movie and an interesting plot. The ending creeps me out!
½ November 2, 2008
a bit of a wait for the storyline to start at the beginning but once it does there are some great creepy moments and bits of humour here and there
½ October 17, 2008