The Three Investigators and the Secret of Terror Castle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Three Investigators and the Secret of Terror Castle Reviews

May 10, 2015
Not as good as the book, which was probably the best of the whole Alfred Hitchcock and the 3 investigators series - but still a good movie - this book seemed to be ahead of its time -
½ September 22, 2012
I couldn't get into this, I tried twice as I am a huge fan of the books but this isn't very true to the series, they have used the general idea and set-up but not much else. The characters are quite irritating, particularly Jupiter and the girl. Boys under 12 would probably love this, it's not bad at all, it's just not what I think it should be!
½ May 31, 2012
I was a big fan of these books as a kid and even though it wasn't very true to the book, I really enjoyed this film. I've since loaned it to a few friends with kids under 12 and they REALLY loved it. It's too bad this movie hasn't received much press or promotion because it's really a lot of fun. Take a chance I think you'll be surprised.
February 26, 2012
I love the three investigators mystery because it has what I like and this incredible
and because hidden secrets will be discovered soon
June 13, 2011
It's an interesting movie. Sloppy at the beginning but managed to survive at the end. If the actors were better then the movie could have been great.
September 7, 2010
Reading earlier reviews I deduce that "T3I and the Secret of Terror Castle" does not meet their expectation. We easily understood that because this movie is really targeted to adolescent and below. If I was that age I would probably truly enjoy the movie but only if I haven't read the book yet. Kids would easily enjoy this movie because it's cool enough, such as the castle.

I was afraid to watch this movie for the reason that it would tarnish my good memory of Three Investigators and it prove to be true. When I was reading the book I always feel fascinated, the location, the characters it seems just magical. Watching the movie, it seems that it is a different world from the one in the book.

As I said that it would entertain many kids which just watching it now and never had reading the book before, we adults that enticed to watch it in which we demand something else than those kids will be disappointed. We adults hope to see interesting and eccentric characters and dialogs, that cool accents from Jupiter Jones, more peculiar music soundtrack, and more magical-feel but normal-looking towns would not get what we want. We won't even entertained by the case which is the one most interesting thing why we want to read the next novel.

For young men don't miss this one for it is really rare this kind of movie around: Kids Detective that investigate peculiar case without an element of Action in which nowadays detective movie would always combined.
May 12, 2010
Great movie.Absolutely
unexpected ending
March 20, 2010
even better than the first one. i cant wait for them to make the third movie. i love mysteries. i wish that they had caught the guy killed his parents but he got away, so they'll have to catch him in another movie. the character caroline was really wierd, and odd.
March 19, 2010
Friday 19 March 2010
5:00 pm
Disney XD
it's like a little scooby doo and a little hardy boys
January 30, 2010
As a kid we were like crazy about the series. There was an 'unspoken or hidden' competition between the friends that who can read a new story first & let the others known that in a great deal of pride.."Oh yeah, I have already read that"...;-)
Now Florian Baxmeyer, a German filmmaker have made the brave initiative to adopt some initial & the most famous stories into films; as the series was also very popular in Germany. They are known there as the "Die drei ???" (Die drei Fragezeichen, meaning "The Three Question Marks"). As an adventure film for the children it was okay, but lots of great things from the original story are missing here. The exciting headquarters, hidden in the midst of a junk yard, only accessible by several mysterious entrances [Sobuj Fotok Ek (Green Gate One), Dui Surongo (Tunnel Two), Sohoj Tin (Easy Three), "lal kukur char" (red dog Four)] are reduced to a caravan out in the open. Jupiter Jones (Our beloved Kishor Pasha...every one of us used to think himself as Kishor) a brilliant mind, full of sharp remarks and the lead role in the book is barely intelligent and quite dull here. However, I'm still glad for the chance to have watched the books come to life at last. Though there are lots of differences from our favorite series but still it was like a blast from the past and after a long time once again inspiring me to go back on the Pasha Salvage yard & open a new case file with Musa & Robin.
½ January 9, 2010
I loved these books when I was a kid. A fairly interesting movie, although clearly targeted at the under 18 market. Now if I could only find the 1st movie, Skeleton Island.
November 2, 2009
Fun to watch ... with a bit of steampunk flair. :)
½ October 23, 2009
my sons rate this film as lame
½ October 12, 2009
The original film in this little-known series - The Secret of Skeleton Island didn't have any skeletons in it (I'm still bummed about that), so is The Secret of Terror Castle actually terrifying? Well no, of course not, this is a kids film after all but there is an appropriatly Disney-like haunted house atmosphere inside the titular building along with the tricks and traps and overall with the fun story, quirky characters, gadgets and gizmos it's an entertaining enough watch and a definite improvement on the original. Our trio or quisitive leads are just as good as before and on a side note have noticeably done a "Harry Potter" in between the films and grown up quite a bit more than their characters should have!