The Tic Code - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Tic Code Reviews

April 24, 2011
Great premise, script, and jazz soundtrack. This is no Disease of the Week movie and the producers do a nice job of avoiding cliche. Marquette's portrayal of a kid with Tourette's syndrome is spot on. Some scenes are overacted a bit.
½ February 3, 2011
A well written movie about a boy dealing with Tourette's syndrome who also happens to be a musical (jazz pianist) genius. The script by Polly Draper pulls a few punches at times with GREAT acting by Tony Shalhoub. It it interesting that Ms Draper tosses in her theory that 'Thelonious Monk's stage eccentricities may have been signs of undiagnosed Tourette's.'
½ January 16, 2011
If it seems to have the ingredients of an after-school special, it's also delightfully unsentimental, yet uplifting, and while spinning its wholly credible tale gives its audience quite a bit of knowledge and understanding about kids, an unusual disease, and the universe of jazz musicians.
November 28, 2010
Intelligent, uplifting story. Great acting. Realistic portrayal of Tourettes Syndrome by a very talented young actor. Great music. All around nice movie....good send off for the late Gregory Hines.
½ October 3, 2010
An interesting story about a musically gifted young boy who also happens to suffer from Tourette's syndrome.
½ July 22, 2009
I like this movie it really goes deep and the kid didn't do that bad of a job. I have Tourette's syndrome and I like movies that have some true to it about people who have tourettes. We all don't say inappropriate things.
October 18, 2008
Great look at life with Tourette's, great jazz music throughout, and fantastic acting by the kid.
November 18, 2007
Tourette's, Jazz and Gregory Hines
October 13, 2007
This is one of those movies that jibes with my interests so much, I don't know if it's any good or not. But it's about jazz, teacher/mentors, and race relations. These are three things in movies for which I am a sucker, so the movie won me over. And I liked the performances.
June 1, 2007
Decent music movie. Not great, not bad. Hines is good.
August 25, 2006
Bästa Filmen jag vet. Älskar den och rekommenderar den till ALLA. MÅSTE SES.