The Toybox - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Toybox Reviews

½ August 28, 2012
mishmash of unresolved elements, confusing storytelling, and a convoluted plot. I think it involved two siblings, one who left the house, one who stayed. The one who stayed lost his way and figuratively got stuck in their childhood imaginations. This would have been better if they hadn't taken it so seriously and tried to build on the camp a bit (it was there, trust me). They could have ended with a very solid "B" horror film (and for true horror buffs, we don't mind spending time there!), instead of going for a serious thriller and falling so, so short. Utterly misses the mark.
October 11, 2011
To much exposition and not enough Death.
August 26, 2010
To much exposition and not enough Death.
January 31, 2010
I watched this on Hulu expecting it to be a D movie and it surpassed my expectations. It was a C movie. Still, it kept me un-bored for an hour or so. I liked the unique characters...but the movie ended up being just another horror that tries to be scarier than it really is.
September 8, 2009
Yeah I didnt really like the movie. It looked good when I what the movie was about but then I watched it. It wasnt that good at all. When I saw the beginning I thought it was going to be good because in the beginning it made me feel sick. After that however it just got weird and pretty stupid.
May 11, 2009
I seen clown on Hulu.... and I had to watch it... Lol. For a low budget movie-- it wasn't too horrible. The sister when she was older was the worst actress. Couldn't stand her-- otherwise the acting was good. The story was alright. Had a nice lil twist to it. Ending quote was good way to end it. =P
½ October 13, 2008
terrible, but good for a laugh
May 18, 2008
FUckin' shit. Terrible plot, TERRIBLE acting, a TERRIBLE film all round
½ April 27, 2008
The family was just nuts and you knew what was going to happen. Just...... ugh. I pretty much hated it.
February 26, 2008
really strange but in a good way,suzanne bertish and Sara Bispham are brilliant
½ January 5, 2008
Damn you kickass cover designers! You won't fool me again! Skip The Toybox and go find a box of your own to turn into a play thing -- you know what I mean?
November 17, 2007