The Undying - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Undying Reviews

March 14, 2015
Boringly overdramatic. And what's with the horrible music and sound effects?? Also stupidly and hilariously overdramatic, right along with the acting. I don't think they meant for me to laugh so often at this movie.
July 24, 2012
One year after the accidental death of her fiance, Barbara (Robin Weigert) is trying to move on, even moving into an old historic Civil War-style home. She is informed by the caretaker that there's a ghost haunting the house - the spirit of a Civil War soldier who lost the love of his life.

As Barbara dives head-first into her work as a nurse, she comes across a coma victim Jason (Anthony Carrigan), and she begins having dreams of Jason, as well as Elijah, the spirit who haunts the house. Elijah seems to be sending Barbara a message, and when it comes time to pull the plug on Jason, Barbara takes him to her home.

The next morning Barbara is shocked to find Jason gone, but then he appears fully healthy - and not Jason anymore. Now he's Elijah, and Barbara tries to integrate him into normal society, and the two strike up a romance.

However, not soon after this happens, a murder occurs. Then Barbara finds out exactly why Jason was in a coma, and his violent past. Now her friend is worried that Elijah might be Jason trying to escape his past, and Barbara's life could be in danger.

The concept for the film wasn't bad. The acting itself wasn't bad either. But it was really boring in parts. The movie was almost two hours long, and it didn't need to be that long. Other than the obsessive length, it's a pretty compelling love story mixed in with some possibly sinister motives that will have you guessing.
½ July 24, 2012
Don't even bother. Save yourself and see a different movie.
July 8, 2012
This had bad reviews over on Netflix, but I was pleasantly surprised. A well written romantic / thriller that works very well. This film won't disappoint. If you're a fan of "Indie" films.
½ July 1, 2012
Ok!! Yeap that's it!!
June 16, 2012
lame i didnt really like it was partially romantic but thats about it
March 4, 2012
My mind was blown. Epic movie, minus the main character wearing sketchers. I had low expectations for this movie but every detail was incredible.
January 7, 2012
Not too bad, about a reincarnated civil war soldier. Not cheap made.
December 16, 2011
Could not sit through more than 45 minutes of this. I want my $1.25 back from redbox.