The War - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The War Reviews

September 13, 2012
Great movie! My favorite! So touching
August 16, 2012
I loved how this movie proved the folly of letting conflicts escalate.
June 6, 2012
If you have never seen it? Find a copy. The coming of age story of a group of kids growing up in a small rural American town after the Vietnam War. Cheesy at times but if it doesn't make you think or tug at your heart? You may not have a brain or a heart.
May 24, 2012
A must see family movie. Very touching & inspirational. Your kids can relate to it. Plenty of laughs and tears. I absolutely love this movie!
½ May 14, 2012
I wish there were more movies like this one coz it's a really touching one
April 25, 2012
I loved this movie. One of my favorites!
½ April 17, 2012
this movie is sad but man this is one of the movies that MY MAN is in olala i know he's a kid but listen to him talk!!
½ April 14, 2012
Not too terrible for a family-drama.
March 31, 2012
This was great movie.
March 21, 2012
This is a great life lesson film about a war veteran played by Kevin Costner who struggles to get back on his feet in the south. Trying to find work and raise his children to accept everyone equally in a racist south in the 60's, most of the story is told through his children played by Lexi Randall and Elijah Wood. It's a great heartbreaking story about the brother and sister who try to live by the lessons learned from their parents while dealing with bullies, racism, and the loss of loved ones.
February 20, 2012
This film every one of these actors got the performance perfect. The message this movie shares is beyond words. Excellent actors excellent writers and directors I highly recommend this movie for the whole family. This is one of those movies you could watch a second time.
February 15, 2012
Great movie about teaching your children values about life - no matter how hard life is. Has become my Kevin Costner Favorite! Great all around!
January 29, 2012
Great film of how a family suffer why there dad goes of to war. This is funny and sad I would rate this as a family film.
½ January 28, 2012
I clearly remember going to the movies to see this with my two friends back in elementary school. I was in my "Elijah Wood is the cutest boy on Earth" phase...actually, I still kinda think that LOL, and I insisted we see it, since I had made my friends watch Huck Finn about sixty times already. Anyway, long story short, my best friend ended up screaming "No, Billy, NOOOO!" in the theatre and the next week at school we talked about so much that most of our friends went to see it just to see what all the fuss was about. Wonderful movie.
December 4, 2011
A movie that is warm, touching, and funny at the same time. Another great Kevin Costner film. :)
October 29, 2011
A truly excellent movie about family, love and the simple, but indispensable lesson of learning what is ultimately worth fighting for.
½ October 28, 2011
Really excellent. Beautiful film. Elijah Wood is amazing, as usual.
½ July 25, 2011
one of my favorite movies
½ July 17, 2011
One of my favorites! " I don't give a dit diddidle dit diddidle ding dang dong!"lol
June 12, 2011