The Wronged Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wronged Man Reviews

½ November 4, 2013
Very heart warming. I love a good righted injust. Just enough sarcasm. if you like a mystery.
October 26, 2013
A five star movie portraying the lack of integrity of our legal system, the self glorifying police, Judges and Lawyers who would rather cover the truth to lift themselves up. Willing to except the lie at the expense of another.
January 31, 2012
How to make a story that spans 22 years interesting: you can't. So you hire Julia Ormond and hope for the best. I really wanted to see the real perpetrator caught, but I guess that doesn't always happen in real life.
January 14, 2012
Good story, excellent acting, good cast, but just wasn't nearly as compelling or moving as other wrongful conviction films I've seen.
December 28, 2011
Wow. 22 years in prison for something you didn't do is crazy. And they didn't even give him an apology or anything.
½ October 10, 2011
I enjoyed this Lifetime movie...based on the true story of Calvin Willis who was wrongfully convicted and given life for the rape of a young girl. Julia Ormand plays the tough 'Never give up' lawyer who takes on his case...there were some very sad moments here, one which caused me to break out the kleenex. The ending was cool, they had some footage of the real Calvin and his lawyer :)
½ August 23, 2011
The story is exciting at some points, and it's based on real life. I would have picked another actress than Julia Ormond to play the role as Prissy as I don't think the similarity is good enough.
½ March 16, 2011
This got an extra half point for being a true story. Imagine being falsely accused of child rape and being thrown in prison. Then DNA finally becomes available and you can''t afford it. You finally get assistance but you end up being imprisoned for 22 years. I think the state of La owes this poor man an apology and some dough!
December 1, 2010
Erin Brokovich as it might have been made for the Lifetime network -- i.e. stripped of much that would keep a person's interest very long. Ormond's not bad as the noble paralegal, and the gross inequities of the case deserved big-screen treatment. But...director McLoughlin hasn't found ways to give his movie character, and the result is desperately bland.
November 26, 2010
I loved the story and acting.
½ October 21, 2010
although performances don't make you cry, it is not that bad, but wait for it on cable
½ September 27, 2010
Not bad story but very bad editing.
½ September 16, 2010
i love the movies that based on true stories
August 13, 2010
If you like legal dramas based on true stories (and I do!) this is a film for you! Julia Ormond faces a 22 year struggle to prove a man's innocence.
August 6, 2010
Very hard story because it´s a real one. It makes you wonder why the "justice" symbol is blindfolded, because sometimes it doesn´t want to see...
½ August 1, 2010
Quite dry in the beginning, characters have very heavy country accent. But it's nice because it's a true story.
July 29, 2010
Based on a true story
½ July 16, 2010
Pretty good movie; based on a true story...I was glad that he was finally found innocent; how awful to spend such an amount of time in prison for something you did not do.