The 24 Hour War Reviews

• Jun 05, 2019

Love the Ferrari team and his

Love the Ferrari team and his

• Nov 05, 2018

Incredible directing by Carolla and Adams. What is amazing about the film is how seamlessly both men combined history with keeping the dialogue fresh. While we all knew the ending, at least those who are interested in the Ford GT's history, it was magnificently portrayed. Learning the drivers, the names of the players, who did what and when and how it was "feast of famine" that bred racing and moved sales was truly a spectacle to behold. I have seen other movies, shorts, and films on this topic but even the name of this film was spot on brilliant. This should have won an Oscar for best documentary for 2016.

• Aug 20, 2018

It has a good use of interview and race footage, but should have been at least 20 mins shorter. It has a very abrupt ending that makes the level of detail displayed earlier seem anticlimactic.

• Jun 22, 2018

Carolla's illiteracy shines through in this awful doc.

Carolla's illiteracy shines through in this awful doc.

• Mar 24, 2018

Another great doc from Adam Carolla A must see

Another great doc from Adam Carolla A must see

• Feb 17, 2018

A wonderful tribute to a bygone era of motorsport.

A wonderful tribute to a bygone era of motorsport.

• Oct 21, 2017

85%, great piece of sporting history and well done

85%, great piece of sporting history and well done

• Sep 19, 2017

Hey Aceman, if you're reading this then get it on brother - loved the movie and as you have said many times, (paraphrasing here) docs don't have to be made about a subject on which viewers are experts, they just have to be good. Then, no matter who watches it, the viewers will learn something and be entertained, So, you hit the galvanized nail right on the head! Awesome, can't wait to see the next doc (incidentally loved both the Hammer and Newman doc as well). And, you've said you read these so I had some suggestions that may help from the viewer's perspective. Here goes... First, we heard so much about the incredible, epic and dangerous Le Mans course/track/race that it really drew us into the story. Still, I actually would have liked to have seen a better look at the course visually during your doc. For example and to be specific; picture this - on the right 1/3 of the screen (perhaps an overhead map rendering of the track with a car (or a dot for the car placed on top of the map) while a driver (you or somebody who has expert knowledge of the course drives the Le Mans course and narrates throughout the lap while the dot/car on the map runs the course at the exact same pace - this (the driver's view) could be shown next to the map on the remaining 2/3 of the screen (does that make sense?). "Hey this turn is tricky because of this, or this straightaway sets up that but watch for x, y or z." That way, with the added visual, viewers get a better understanding of the physics of the course so when the drivers in the movie or people in the doc made reference to the course, we (the viewers) would have a better understanding of exactly what they were talking about. Just a suggestion, hope it is useful. My second suggestion is for you to keep making docs. Adam, you, as you do with many things, have an apparently genius insight into documentary filmmaking. It seems as if you have an ability to see the doc and "feel" what it would feel like to watch it before the shots are taken and from a viewers perspective. I don't know how genius is measured without an objective test but I believe because of a combination of your upbringing and your experiences you are what I would call a social genius - you can hear something once, and immediately render the perfect suggestion, advice, law or whatever is needed to solve the problem. If not for the forum of radio and now podcasting this genius may have been lost. But you have it, your audience feels and knows it - and damn it I'm not afraid to come out and say it - you are a mother f***ing genius! So, keep making docs and hopefully and eventually a flake of your genius will be sprinkled onto our society. If not, at least you'll leave with something tangible left that says, "I was here, and I thought this." Regards, T-mac

• Sep 05, 2017

Pretty cool doc about a Ford/Ferrari rivalry in the '60s. I wish the other decades were covered too, but the fast-forward scene at the end to a 2016 showdown made up for the missing years. Fun fact: the act of spraying champagne on people at the winner's circle was invented at the Le Mans race in 1967. By an American racer - Dan Gurney. (y)

• Aug 18, 2017

WOW! I've read the history of this before in 2 or 3 good books and this was quite well done. I don't love the look of the Mark IV's but they did the job for sure. The first GT 40 with the SO427's are the best looking. However the new Ford GT again designed to win at Le Mans is as sexy of car as there is!!! Being in Florida I just recently watched the new Ford GT cross the finished line in the lead at the Rolex 24 a Daytona and it was an emotional moment for me. This show captures that bit of feeling that Steve McQueen said "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Will watch again that's for sure! RIP: Dan Gurney who was honored at this years Rolex 24 hours at Daytona