The 9th Life of Louis Drax Reviews

• Apr 13, 2019

Cool movie to watch, kind of unexpected in the beginning but turns quite expected the further you get into it. There is a "big" twist in the end but I guess you figured that out a bit before they let you in on the "big twist". Apart from that, a good movie, with a good script. I liked the camera work when they switched to something upside down or to the place Louis was while in his coma. Very beautiful locations and a good cast. I was pleasantly surprised by Aiden Longworth who plays Louis Drax. I wasn't sure whether to love or to hate him, to be honest. I'm basically in love with both Jamie Dornan and Sarah Gadon so not much to complain about for me there. I must say that Sarah Gadon her acting stood out for me. She did really really well. Someone who also surprised me was Oliver Platt as Dr. Perez. I can't remember seeing him in any other movie before, but I think he is a pretty good actor. The casting for this movie altogether was very well done. Aaron Paul as Peter Drax was a brilliant choice (you'll get that once you watch the movie), his face just fits the character so well. Not my favorite movie but if you enjoy thrillers with kind of messed up people and twists, you should watch this for sure.

• Mar 14, 2019

The movie was slow, so goddamn slow. We are fooled into thinking there is some supernatural element, which there really isn't. The pointless love story that gets plopped in also feels unnecessary, without it the story would still work the same.

• Dec 28, 2018

The story follows accident prone Louis Drax who has one final accident when he falls off a cliff during a family picnic. This results in Louis being left comatose, his father missing being the chief suspect in Louis's "accident" and his distraught mother revealing secrets of their lives together to the concerned specialist who is looking after Louis in his comatose state. We here stories of what lead to this unfortunate accident from his mother, his psychiatrist and Louis who is trapped in some sort of fantasy dreamland limbo with a strange creature who is helping him navigate this new world. I really enjoyed this film, it was a decent mystery with a powerful and emotion-fuelled ending. Well worth seeing. I will perhaps have to read the book now (the wrong way around I know) as reading other reviews has revealed they changed the ending from the book.

• Oct 27, 2018

It starts as a TV movie that reveals itself straightforwardly until it veers off into uncharted territory. I had given up on the film but when the story veered, I stopped and rewinded 10 minutes to catch the drift. I found the film excellent and the beginning is just lulling the viewer before getting into high gears. Bravo!

• Aug 31, 2018

Interesting movie!!! Brought to the forefront an issue that is plaguing the world today!!! If you don’t want kids, give them to someone who will love them, teach them, and steer them in the right direction!!

• Apr 03, 2018

I thought this was very good and close to 4 stars. I thought the story flowed well with the right mix of actors.

• Mar 29, 2018

very close to a great film. The unraveling of the mystery was worth sticking around for

• Feb 14, 2018

There's a lot here that suggests there was a great film somewhere amongst the rubble, but alas, it was not meant to be. From the perplexing mishmash of parts that don't fit together very well at all, to the fact that the main mystery upon which the film focuses is incredibly obvious from the very start, 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' doesn't achieve its full potential and only ends up diluting what could have been a powerful and interesting story.

• Feb 09, 2018

I enjoyed the movie. Kept me interested the whole way through. I however figured out The plot line about half way into it but nevertheless, would watch again. The kid has a spunky attitude which I find charming, the leading lady is absolutely beautiful and then you have Aaron Paul and Jamie Dornan; so a great cast. It drives home that looks simply don't tell the whole story.

• Feb 03, 2018

followed the book very well! bravo!

followed the book very well! bravo!