The Abduction of Saint Anne Reviews

• Mar 30, 2014

I bought this on VHS in 1987 after it had been seen by me as a TV movie in 1975. I like Robert Wagner and the rest of the cast was a mixture of older well-known actors and up and coming ones like A Martinez and Kathleen Quinlan. As a Catholic this movie was interesting to me, but Wagner's character has a heathly dose of unbelief. The church gas heard of Anne and wants to find out if she really could be a saint. If so they want to abduct her to place her in a convent for safety. It is a pleasant movie and due to a religious theme, unfortunately probably could not be made in today's secular society. Gone are the days of movies that could be made with families in mind.