The Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin Reviews

• Dec 27, 2018

Perfectly pleasant typical Disney live action comedy Western about a butler and his young ward (a Disney staple) using their wits to outfox a villainous judge (Malden) and a corrupt sheriff (Guardino). Good for an undemanding afternoon's entertainment.

• Nov 26, 2018

Kinda boring just like the book and horrible jokes

Kinda boring just like the book and horrible jokes

• May 10, 2015

Light 1960's Walt Disney fare. Entertaining on TV.

Light 1960's Walt Disney fare. Entertaining on TV.

• Apr 09, 2013

This movie is just ccccccrrrrrraaaaaapppppp. It takes my favorite book ever and turns it in to an awful movie. It is by far my least favorite movie of all time

• Apr 28, 2012

★★1/2 (out of four) Brisk, moderately likeable Disney family fare from 1967. Hardly great entertainment, but it is helped along by Roddy McDowall and Suzanne Pleshette and Karl Malden. Griffin, played by McDowall, is a content Boston butler umtil his supposedly wealthy boss dies leaving more debt than wealth. The twelve year old grandson stows-away on a ship and Bullwhip gets stuck on the boat when he goes looking for the lad. From there they encounter one adventure after another, including the search for gold and a run in with a saloon own and his goon, Mountain Ox. The plot is paper thin, but whimsical enough to keep ones attention most of the way. It is certainly better than Disney;s other live-action film from that year, "The Gnome-Mobile". [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/Zeppo1/Bullwhip.jpg[/IMG]

• Dec 28, 2011

Cheesy, slow, yet funny. Bullwhip Griffin is a rare Disney family film that'll work

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Sep 05, 2010

It's a silly kids movie from Disney, but I liked it, it's fun. The cast is good, and it's sort of a western comedy movie too. McDowall is really funny in this movie as he goes from the kids' butler to a fearless fighter. A really interesting, and almost unknown Disney movie, I hadn't heard of it before myself. I recommend it to both Disney and McDowall fans.

• Mar 13, 2010

(First and only viewing - 9/2/2010)

(First and only viewing - 9/2/2010)

• Mar 06, 2010

This movie "holds up" pretty well, all things considering. Its fun to see Karl Malden as a bad guy and Roddy McDowell and Suzanne Pleshette seem good in their roles but somewhat odd choices when I look at the movie today. Not bad for a Friday night with a bad cold.

• Feb 01, 2010

Good Disney production values and better than average from that studio from this time period. The cast is good, but not great. Great score, fun story. Amusing but not one of Disney?s more memorable films.