The Adventures of Mickey Matson and the Pirate's Code Reviews

• Jun 19, 2015

Finding a movie for family movie night can prove to be a challenge. My kids have very different likes and dislikes, my daughter opting for anything with ponies and princess while my son chooses anything with a train. It’s difficult to find a movie that will appeal to everyone, including Mom and Dad. “Pirate’s Code: The Adventure of Mickey Matson” is a movie filled with adventure, action and friendship. Mickey Matson and his best friend Sully are in a race against time to save the world from Admiral Ironside and his band of pirates. If Admiral Ironside succeeds they are seen his plan, civilization will be sent back to the Stone Age. Can Mickey and Sully save the world before time runs out? “Pirate’s Code: The Adventure of Mickey Matson” is the exciting sequel to “Mickey Matson and the Copperhead Treasure”. It is rated Family Friendly by Dove.org. I feel that it would be best suited for children in the 8-12 age range. My children are 3 and 5 and I think much of the story went over their heads. That being said, my son (the three year old) asked to watch the “Pirate show” again. The show has a great message for kids. It focuses on the importance of team work. It shows how working together, despite our differences we can accomplish big things. It also shows our children the importance of believing in yourself. Mickey wavers at time in his belief in himself, but he soon discovers that if he trusts in his instincts he can succeed in any challenge before him. There is some mild violence throughout the movie. The pirates use ray guns to shoot at the team and the characters are seen hitting and punching each other, but there is no blood or graphic language. I felt quite comfortable allowing my kids to watch this film. Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.

• Apr 07, 2015

The worst crap I have ever seen

The worst crap I have ever seen

• Oct 17, 2014

Great family adventure movie!

Great family adventure movie!