The Adventures of Tintin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adventures of Tintin Reviews

½ June 22, 2016
Watched this in Full 1080 3D and it was fantastic!! Recommended!!
June 22, 2016
Love this type of animation! Really good action film. I thought Tin Tin was a child so was bit surprised when saw him shooting people!!!
June 22, 2016
Superb CGI outshines the story which is non-stop action. A little better pacing would have made the film even better
½ June 22, 2016
Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson managed to do something very fun with this movie: they combined several Tintin stories into one and came up with a whole new Tintin story for us to enjoy. I'm sure the movie looks fine on a regular screen, but having seen it on an IMAX screen, I'd probably not want to "downgrade". If you have a real IMAX screen in your area, splurge for the biggest screen in town. It's well worth it.

A note to the parents wondering if they can take their children: the Tintin stories were definitely written for boys, but girls will be equally entertained by this movie. There is no bad language, nudity, or graphic violence, but there is gun-fighting, explosions, pirate-swashbuckling, and high-speed chases. Death scenes are done off-camera, but the audience will still be confronted with a body count after the gunfire subsides. Hergé was not above killing off characters in his stories, and it may be a plot device that young American children have not been exposed to if their animation "base" is the Disney movie catalog. Nevertheless, the theater was packed with boys and girls as young as 5 on the day I went, with both their parents *and* grandparents in tow, and there was no child outbursts or families shuffling out due to the film's content. I sat next to a young lad who couldn't have been more than 7, and at the end of the movie I turned to him and asked, "So, did you like the movie?" He nodded happily.

The animation is AMAZING. It is probably some of the best animation I have seen in a the last 20 years, and Jackson's Weta Digital has gone from being known as just a digital special effects house to a full-on animation studio. The voice actors were all perfect choices as well: Jamie Bell (who replaced Thomas Sangster due to a delay in the project) as Tintin has that soft boyish tone one would expect, while Andy Serkis cements himself as the quintessential Voice Man of the early 21st century. His depiction of Captain Haddock and Sir Francis Haddock (basically the same voice) are so far from the now-familiar Gollum / Smeagol voice that he created for the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy (and will reprise in the upcoming 'Hobbit' movies) that it is both amazing and spot-on at the same time. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost do a fine job as The Thompson Twins, but are not given enough lines to be that impressionable. I'm sure they took the roles because they were huge fans of Tintin growing up, and knew that they would be called upon to do the voice in the sequel. (Yes, there will be a sequel, and quite possible even a third movie - huzzah!) One character that is a wonderful surprise addition is voiced by opera singer Kim Stengel, and her performance is simply glass-shattering.

Whether you're a fan of the original stories or you've never heard of the young man with his faithful dog Snowy, be prepared to enjoy this movie!
½ June 22, 2016
Forgot to review it. One of the best films I seen this year.
Really enjoyed it :)
½ June 22, 2016
Beautiful animation, with some great characterisation and fast action. Lacking something, but highly enjoyable family fun.
½ June 22, 2016
Much more entertaining than I anticipated.
June 22, 2016
Visually stunning and a simple storyline that keeps you interested. Entertaining and family friendly. A bit of nostalgia for any fans of the old cartoon.
June 21, 2016
Well-animated with charming characters and a sense of adventure.
June 11, 2016
sadly underrated film. the film is like a mix between indiana jones and uncharted
June 2, 2016
This film look great!!! Great animation!
May 22, 2016
Great fun, and the closest we will probably get to a true Indiana Jones sequel. Spielberg has some wonderfully aloof fun with the virtual world here, creating some of his greatest set pieces.
March 28, 2016
The Adventures Of Tintin brings back the Indiana Jones type of an adventure movie we were all waiting for a long time.
½ March 21, 2016
Only CGI: nothing more.
½ March 18, 2016
Bringing back the memories of the comic book series, Tintin's plot may be harder to follow for some people, but it's still worth watching.
March 13, 2016
I think that everything that a Tintin fan could want has been crammed into this movie. Not added... Crammed... That is perhaps the only issue, but it is a large one...
February 26, 2016
Best Animation Movie Ever, Very funny, Interesting, and great story. The quality of the movie is fantastic, One of my favorite Movies.. You SHOULD definitely watch this movie.
½ February 24, 2016
It's a great movie, I would have gave it a 5/5 if it wasn't for its disappointing ending.