The Adventures of Tintin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adventures of Tintin Reviews

½ March 18, 2016
Bringing back the memories of the comic book series, Tintin's plot may be harder to follow for some people, but it's still worth watching.
March 13, 2016
I think that everything that a Tintin fan could want has been crammed into this movie. Not added... Crammed... That is perhaps the only issue, but it is a large one...
February 26, 2016
Best Animation Movie Ever, Very funny, Interesting, and great story. The quality of the movie is fantastic, One of my favorite Movies.. You SHOULD definitely watch this movie.
½ February 24, 2016
It's a great movie, I would have gave it a 5/5 if it wasn't for its disappointing ending.
½ February 15, 2016
Having never read these growing up, I had little idea of what to expect, and found it like possibly many viewers to be a rollicking adventure with amazing use of mo-cap. I'm still left wondering where the female voices are, and with possibly an even larger question of "How old is Tintin supposed to be anyway?" Nonetheless Bell is a compelling hero, Craig shows his diverse colours in the villainy, and Serkis' moves are better than ever even if he is mostly human this time around.
February 4, 2016
Found this movie an enjoyable watch
February 3, 2016
Nice action packed film. Strays a little from the comic's story line, but sticks to the main principles.
January 13, 2016
An underrated adventure movie, The Adventures of Tintin is a fun movie a lot like the Indiana Jones movies.
January 11, 2016
Really good. I think everyone should see this
January 10, 2016
The highlight of the film for me was the painter at the beginning being in Hergé's likeness and drawing Tintin's portrait in his style. In rendering this adventure in this particular animated style, Tintin and co are both (as has been written elsewhere) too human and not human at all. This film overall is merely diverting rather than fully enjoyable or good.
January 5, 2016
I'm ashamed to say that the older I get the harder I find it to engage with fully animated movies. That said, the cast and crew of this, from Spielberg to Wright to Jackson to Cornish, made it a must-view. Three years later and I finally have and I'm pleased to say it's excellent fun. The animation is probably the best I've ever seen (Weta's motion capture has always been incredible but it shines here) and the story keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout. Some lovely funny moments that scream Edgar Wright keep the laughs coming and Andy Serkis as Captain Haddock was a standout performance. My interest in animation-lead movies hasn't fully gone yet.
December 31, 2015
The animation in this is absolutely brilliant, great story, voice acting and amazing action scenes. Definitely one to watch whether a fan of Tin Tin or not!
December 29, 2015
Long-winded at times, Tintin is a fun ride nonetheless, featuring good voice acting and beautiful animation.
December 22, 2015
84/100 - This is a motion-capture film done right. Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson come together to craft a marvelous adventure film in the vein of Indiana Jones with The Adventures of Tintin. The performances of Jamie Bell, Andy Serkis, and Daniel Craig are all excellent, while the animation never crosses into the creepy "uncanny valley" territory, making this one fun ride for anyone.
December 21, 2015
I don't see why so much hate is around this movie. I thought this was a great film. Spielberg, Moffat and John William's efforts were put to great use. The visuals were stunning and, like all Tintin comics, exciting as Indiana Jones.
½ December 16, 2015
How is it possible that this film has just 3 votes 3 years after release? This is simply the best animation I have ever seen with one spectacular chase scene in particular which was breathtaking. Steven Spielberg directed this film so perhaps it is no surprise. Those who grew up with Tintin books in particular will appreciate seeing their childhood hero coming to life on the big screen but I believe it stands up well to those unfamiliar with the books as well. This film introduces us nicely to most of the series' main characters. Well worth watching and suitable for nearly all ages.
½ December 12, 2015
This was definitely a cute movie! The animation was spectacular and the characters loveable.
½ November 19, 2015
The movie is just very well done all around. Although it has it's forcing fun moments, it is still the best Spielberg movie in a while
November 13, 2015
interesting animation with good action tintin is something different