The Air I Breathe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Air I Breathe Reviews

½ June 27, 2012
Interesting for a while, but takes a complete nosedive toward the end. It is notable however that Brendan Fraser can actually act.
June 26, 2012
Forest Whittaker, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Brendan Fraser and Kevin Bacon are four characters who either directly, indirectly, unknowingly or knowingly help each other one way or another throughout the film. This really is six degrees of Kevin Bacon in movie form as fans of Lost and Heroes will love how the characters are destined to touch each others lives right up until the final scene.
½ June 19, 2012
Wow ..i was amazed on this movie and the connection it had with the actors what a great movie
hunterjt13
½ June 18, 2012
Four stories revolving around a gangster come together.
I have to quote Kyle Smith of the New York Post: "Brendan Fraser is Pleasure, Sarah Michelle Gellar is Sorrow, Kevin Bacon is Love, Forest Whitaker is Happiness, and the director is Pretension." What a hilariously true line. The film seems to want to say something profound, but I have no idea what it is. While most of the performances are fine, Brendan Fraser is grotesquely miscast. Playful and exuberant most times, Fraser is forced to adopt a stern, sullen, unaffected demeanor, and it doesn't suit him; in fact, I often hoped that he would break into a wide grin and exclaim "Just kidding" before doing cartwheels down a dark alley. Andy Garcia is bipolar, irrationally erupting into screams after delivering most of his lines in a menacing whisper, and whoever thought it original to name a gangster "Fingers" should lose a finger.
I did like how the film came together. It's not near the Altman Standard, but it's more clever than I was expecting. And I also liked the idea behind the Fraser character: just because one can see the future doesn't mean that one can change it.
Overall, the Post sums this film up best: it's remarkably pretentious.
June 18, 2012
this one really blew me away.
May 6, 2012
A movie that gets better as it goes. I like stories that tie unrelated characters together. Brendan Fraser's character was extra cool.
½ April 25, 2012
When you got four stories in a movie, then it's important that they are all good, I found one of the stories worth fallowing, the rest was just to kill time. It's not the worst movie I have seen, but it won't end up on my must watch list. The movie got potential, maybe changing the plot a little and it would be a movie you watch because you want to, not because it the only dissent thing going on the TV.
½ April 21, 2012
Ok this was a very big movie, so much happened that it kinda made me step back when I was done watching. The only reason i watched this movie was because of my love of sarah michelle gellar. I ve decided to review this movie by each of the stories individually.

1. Happiness
The first story set the tone for the entire movie, depressing and lacks the settleing. It was to faced past and big elements went into a small amount of time which made less emotional.

2. Pleasure
This story made the movie go up a level. Brendans Frsers preformance was different but still really dry in my opinion. The story that it portrayed was interesting but a little random.

3. Sorrow
Im extremly bias towards this because of SMG. but i did feel it was the strongest of the stories. It was dark, depressing and at the end had that glimpse of hope. SMG's preformance is like all her other dramatic work. shes a really good actress. It was also the most planned out of the stories, the others were just there but this one played its events over in a way that didnt seem so fast paced.

4. Love
I feel like this was the nicest of the stories, all the stories had the dark gang vibe. but this one was about a doctor who would risk everything for the girl he loves. i do feel it was too short and not a lot of the relationship were taken in and promoted.

All in all this movie was good and all the stories some how made it, even though not all the stories were great.
April 15, 2012
I thought it was fantastic. Very reminiscent of Crash, although not as good. Amazing performances by everyone, but especially Whitaker. This movie really made me feel the emotion as they described each one.
April 15, 2012
½ April 13, 2012
A ripoff of Crash? Could be, but for some reason I thoroughly enjoyed and I loved the intertwining of the stories. It was quite gripping.
April 10, 2012
I really liked this movie alot.......
April 3, 2012
My full review coming soon.
March 23, 2012
No matter how stupid and idiotically pretentious it is. It isnt without it's charm. Kevin Bacon and Sarah Michelle Gellar are the only ones who show any sort of talent. And Forrest Whitaker is usually good but in this he was terrible, it's like he wasnt trying in this.
February 18, 2012
Very good start, feels a bit dull in the middle but turns quite interesting in the end.
Very good acting. Reasonable Script. I'll give it 8/10.
February 10, 2012
Josh jedan lepo upakovan, nerealni kenjac od amrichkog filma. Ovo pishem dok ga gledam...
February 8, 2012
i can understand why ppl dont like this movie but i enjoyed it. thought it was nice 2 watch.
February 5, 2012
This movie is actually very interesting. It's odd to see how everyone has a part or a little key to the destiny or how life plays out for others. It's interesting...I enjoyed it. I really like Brendan Fraser. It was nice to see him in a more serious role...outside Mummy and Mummy Returns and his lot of other comedy type films.
January 30, 2012
I thought this movie had solid performances and reat casting. It could've done without all of the language. But still pretty good overall.
January 24, 2012
I watched this film, very unusual, Julie Delpy has something of a cameo or small role in this film compared to many of her films.