The Amityville Haunting - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Amityville Haunting Reviews

½ November 7, 2015
The Amityville Haunting is the typical "found footage" haunt that bend over backwards trying to convince the viewer that it's all real as it happens, when we all know better by now and we're just not buying it anymore. This film is so typecast, over-the-top, and predictable, it's virtually painful. While this film tries desperately to hang onto a thin shred of essence that keeps the long-lived Amityville saga alive, it doesn't make for anything original, nor can you add anything new into the run of films that haven't been shown before. The Amityville Haunting is a prime example of how haunted "found footage" (or as I call them: "Paranormal Copycat-tivities") flicks are really getting old and uninteresting, and us horror buffs are still left in the ashes wanting something new and different. It's obvious that "found footage" filmmakers like these thrive on filling a movie with jumpscares more than putting imagination into bringing the story to life, and that style of horror is more prone to putting me to sleep than keeping me at the edge of my seat.
½ July 26, 2015
Not a good movie at all. At best it was an ok movie.
January 27, 2015
This is one of the worst camera recordings ever. Not a bad idea but just spoil the whole movie. This isn't a regular movie, its a bad attempt at a documentary its done horribly. One of the worst movies out there don't see it. So for this being bad as I just said...and not being horror movie at all...this genre needs to get better in my opinion...As that being said I give "The Amitville Haunting"an F.
½ November 16, 2014
Worst film of the series by far. Couldn't even finish it.
October 31, 2014
Store this film in the Lullaby section because it came no where close to a horror. This movie was legitimately terrible and I've never had to say that about a movie in my entire life.
½ June 14, 2014
Wow, the only redeeming quality if this movie was the opportunity to see everyone get killed. The only movie I can think of that is worse is Open Water 2.
March 26, 2014
One of the many movies to come out of the franchise. This film is definitely not top quality and is one of the worst found-footage films I've seen. The only interesting part is the electrocution, as it was unexpected.
March 21, 2014
I don't care what anyone else thinks, I love the found footage genre. This had so much potential and it started out building well, but then it just all went to hell. It became cheesy and not scary at all. Also, the acting by the "dad" was simply awful.
January 8, 2014
Horrible acting. The blood looked like gel. I can't do this one.
½ November 2, 2013
The worst film I've ever seen.. and I've seen Couple's Retreat and Sorority Row for christ's sake.
October 29, 2013
What a complete piece of crap, the acting was horrible, the story nonsensical, and it was just painful to watch. They didn't even have a facade of the iconic house for Gods sake! skip this worthless piece of crap.
½ October 27, 2013
whiniest 14-year-old boy voice possible: "But MOM!!?! What about my documentary?"
½ October 23, 2013
Wow. What a real crap fest this was. The ONLY good thing about this movie was the original marketing "claiming" that the footage is "real". Well, it IS crappy enough to be shot buy a teenager. Don't waste your time. The original movie filed in the late 70's is far superior in every way.
½ October 17, 2013
This is just like watching Paranormal Activity! If you are a fan of those movies, you will find this to be quite entertaining & suspenseful
August 10, 2013
Paranormal Activity meets the Amityville gang. Bad. Just bad. Did I mention bad? Wasn't even scary
June 17, 2013
Nothing new or original. but I kinda liked it. It's a very generic found footage film, a la Paranormal Activity.
½ June 14, 2013
Derivative, scare-free and mining a source that has been completely played out. Terrible across the board - acting, dialogue, camera work. Also what is quite possibly the worst death scene ever (thank you Jason Williams) and definitely the worst ending ever. Ultimately pointless, the only true question is how did this get made?
June 5, 2013
This movie fucking sucks in like 10 different ways. So the acting is complete shit. the story made shitty sense like i can go watch a child's cartoon and it would have a better plot then this. I spent more time laughing then screaming at this movie, oh wait that's because i never screamed. Whoever wrote the script for this movie should be fired. 0/10 would not watch again.
May 19, 2013
Another one by the asylum course this one had so many mistakes that didn't even make sense and again the effects were lowsy so anyone wanting to get scared better look in a different direction.
May 8, 2013
really good, scary, got goose bumps and sent chills down my spine