The Architect Reviews

• Jan 13, 2018

I'm only giving it one star because I liked Parker's character.

I'm only giving it one star because I liked Parker's character.

• Aug 31, 2017

Too bland and boring to finish. I quit 15 minutes in.

Too bland and boring to finish. I quit 15 minutes in.

• Dec 26, 2016

I expected nothing from this film, and that's what I got. I chuckled every now and then which saves this movie from a no star review. This could have been a good movie but I felt uneasy and uncomfortable after finishing it. DO NOT WATCH! The ending is just bad and I probably would have been better off not watching it at all- so you shouldn't watch it.

• Nov 19, 2016

This movie is a comedy in the sense that it's not a drama. There was a certain amount of satire, but for me it was pretty much devoid of humor. Not that I require side-splitting laughter from all comedies... but a slight chuckle once in a while is not too much to expect. Toward the end, I had given up on finding real entertainment value in it for myself, and was more hoping that it would get better just for the sake of the people who made it, kind of like a cheerleader: "Come on, little movie, you can do it!" (It couldn't). I have great respect for the creators and artists involved in making independent films, with all the constraints that come with it... I try to keep an open mind. But in the end, a poorly written script kept this movie from really going anywhere. Like, anywhere. The two-sentence description/"blurb" of the movie, that convinced me to watch it was far more entertaining than the movie itself.

• Sep 09, 2016

Interesting film, but James Frain's moody architect makes it.

Interesting film, but James Frain's moody architect makes it.