The Arrangement Reviews

• Apr 08, 2017

Kirk Douglas, Faye Dunaway talents are wasted. I did not watch the whole movie. Too painful.

• Apr 04, 2017

Some serious drama, but it seemed like more of a soap opera than anything.

Some serious drama, but it seemed like more of a soap opera than anything.

• Jul 04, 2013

14 % ??? Have you really SEEN this movie ??? Douglas' performance is outstanding and Kazan's work is just beautiful !

• Mar 10, 2012

The is by far the best movie by Kazan. It is an intense film with great performances by all the actors and particularly by Kirk Douglas, a slap to the pretentious, conservative and oppressive society. It is the search of the truth, of what is really meaningful in life even with great sacrifices and it is very unfortunate that all the user reviews did not grasp the essence. Instead much shallower films like Puss in Boots get 83% showing the decadence of our society

• Apr 22, 2011

I still don't know what was it about.... Don't waste your time...

I still don't know what was it about.... Don't waste your time...

• Jan 08, 2011

Elia Kazan adapts his own novel into a choppy, fragmented psychodrama. But in my eyes, the extremely odd way the film is put together works to give the audience insight into the protagonist's mental breakdown which Kirk Douglas pulls off with admirable gusto.

• Dec 05, 2010

I admired the novelistic approach to the film. Elia Kazan adapted his own novel to the screen and the novelistic feel to interiority that you would find in a novel is found in the film. Lots of subjectivity through flashback which are reflective of Kirk Douglas' mind through the editing. It bounces back and forth from flashbacks and fantasy sequences throughout its duration. Its a good film. Too bad the critics and audiences snubbed it on initial release. Its decent. I'm an admirer of Kazan's work and this being an extension of his writing career as author lends itself to a different Kazan that I hadn't seen before.

• Jul 17, 2010

A movie that was made way ahead of its time. I don't understand why so many people hate this movie? Its not as traditional as any of Kazan's other movies and that's why I like it so much, its non conventional.People just weren't ready for this type of film making or storytelling Kirk Douglas was great and plays a very early version of a Don Draper like character. It was the early form of American Beauty, but just came too early, at a time when people didn't want to question the American dream

• Apr 17, 2010

So, am i the only one that likes this movie? Ok....The movie itself may not deserve that much for the directing or for the acting...It deserves it thought, for it's truthfulness..I feel the agony of Kazan,i feel his weakness, his cowardice,his lust for another chance...If not in real life, he achieved, through his Art,what his Hero is struggling for, through the whole movie,and says in a beautiful scene to a non listening ear...SELF RESPECT. So,if not for anything else, my respects for that...

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Feb 09, 2010

Flat searching for meaning drama with high quality cast ill served by the director and script. Deborah Kerr's role as a doormat of a wife is beneath her. Faye is incredibly beautiful here.