The Art of Flight 3D - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Art of Flight 3D Reviews

½ March 28, 2015
Spectacular landscapes, amazing snow boarding. Could have done without some of the commentary.
January 25, 2015
Mind blowing visuals not to mention the snowboarding!!!!!!!!! ???
December 22, 2014
Brilliant movie, beautifully shot in some stunning locations!
½ April 21, 2014
This movie has breathtaking cinematography, presents amazing camera angles and intense vivid slow motion action in the most remote locations in the world. It's really unreal some of the stuff in "Art of Flight", it takes nature and snowboarding and combines them into something magical.
½ April 17, 2014
A stunning beautiful film that truly is a sonic & visual feast but does get a tad repetitive as it goes on.

Filmed in some of earths most amazing snow peaks & captures the beauty or their sport & the landscape they are in.

If this film was short it may have worked by 80 mins you have had enough. The soundtrack is sensational though & you can't ignore the unforgettable camera shots.
½ December 12, 2013
a bit disappointed though there is some great music and visuals it just feels like a giant snowboard promo.
November 16, 2013
Sick. Amazingly sick. Photography = sick. Helicopter pilots = sick. Snow borders balls = mega giant sick.
October 14, 2013
Visually stunning. What a rush.
September 5, 2013
Most Epic Production Ever!
August 10, 2013
I didn't watch the 3D version. I watched the 2D version (that's now in Super HD on Netflix!), but it's so crisp. Yeah, I'm jealous these guys get to fly in private planes and choppers to some of the coolest locales around the world, but in doing so there are some awesome ariel shots of some breathtaking terrain. The typical editing of the jump sequences (slow-mo at lift-off, slow even more when they tweak the grab) gets a little old, but the gorgeous scenery and the crazy skill of the riders makes up for it. Oh, and it has a pretty sick soundtrack. Not sure if it's coincidence or what, but there's a little overlap in the song selection between The Art of Flight and the latest SSX release.
June 23, 2013
A feast for the eyeballs
May 10, 2013
Great music, amazing shots and of course world-class snowboarding.
March 2, 2013
best at its genre...
½ February 26, 2013
Enjoyed the cinematography and soundtrack particularly. It was like watching an Attenborough documentary of snowboarding, helicopters and mountains!
February 14, 2013
Best 3D movie even Cineflex was made for 3D. Breathtaking 3D!
February 12, 2013
Introduction

Art of Flight is about a group of snowboarders, including pro Travis Rice, who travel the world to unique locations looking for the perfect places to try new outrageous tricks

Plot Summary

Art of Flight had a very original plot. In the movie, they travel to places like Alaska, Chile, and Canada. They travel to Alaska first and can't go boarding right away because the weather isn't snowboarding weather. So to keep from getting bored, they do activities like shooting guns, throwing axes, and making a bonfire. Then the next day they go down the mountains there and do some crazy tricks. They then travel to Chile so the can "follow winter". While there they do insane tricks on some of the steepest slopes. After that they go to Canada and find out that there are a lot of avalanches occurring there. They go to the top of the mountain and are about to go down when a bunch of fog forms and they can't see t a thing so they end up getting stuck. Throughout the movie they show them all doing some super cool end crazy tricks.

Documentary Elements

I think the theme of this movie is adventure is what you make it. I think this because they somewhat say it throughout and by watching the movie, that is what I got from it. This documentary also had a lot of b-roll along with plenty of interviews.

Technical Elements

This documentary had some of the most unique camera angles and editing I have ever seen. They had angles with helmet cams, cameras from helicopters, and hand held filming. They also included very engaging music and a lot of slow motion that made the watcher really interested in the movie.

Conclusion

Many people think that documentaries are very boring but this was one of the coolest movies I have ever seen. I really encourage any one who likes snowboarding or even extreme sports to watch this. Anyone who watches it will really enjoy it I believe.

-GU, 8th Grade Student
February 10, 2013
Film is more a story of the life of a professional snowboarder, with an unlimited budget, than it is about snowboarding. The images from the film are breath taking and you can tell a lot of thought went to getting them made. However the film gets a bit repetitive.

Also after watching the behind the scenes, I wish they had scraped a few of the storyline and went to Europe for some shredding.
January 30, 2013
prelepi detalji i predeli. price bez
December 7, 2012
there's no better ski or snowboard film. there isn't even a close second. revolutionary. ridiculous. and the 7 part making of on Netflix right now is even more awesome.