The Art of Getting By Reviews

• May 19, 2019

This is one of the best movies I've watched EVER. Its very relatable and gives you a different perspective on life and it's AMAZING. It's really had a great impact on me and i'm beyond glad i ran across this movie :)

• Apr 02, 2019

Appropriate Title: "The Art of Setting up a Horrible Disaster" 'll save you sometime... This is a movie about a horrible young woman, and a stupid awkward young man who likes her. His infatuation almost wrecks his chances to graduate. He actually steps up his game and manages to graduate. Then he allows this woman back into his life after she emotionally manipulated him and vindictively seduced his mentor. They're not going to live happily ever. The end of the movie is just a setup for a horrible disaster.

• Jan 26, 2019

What those bad reviews are for ? This movie helped me with my life more than any other . The story is actually realistic and emotional , the acting was not bad at all and for those who are quiet and calm and they like to hear to people's problems will know the meaning of it . " We live alone , we die alone " , suffering from loneliness is quiet depressing and it could be serious . Maybe the dialoges wer'nt built right , but I find this a good thing to make it more realistic .

• Jan 25, 2019

This little Indy coming-of-age romance has been much aligned by both critics and audiences, but I'm here to tell you: I really, really enjoyed this movie. I connected to it. I went through all the feels. I rooted for the couple at the center of the story and loathed the individuals who tried to get in the way. In my opinion, "formulaic" is often a lazy criticism. It's something critics and fans throw around when they don't connect to a movie. The same way a non-formulaic movie they don't connect to gets labeled "tonally all over the place". Does The Art of Getting By follow a familiar formula of bad-boy-falls-for-manic-pixie-dream-girl-and-becomes-worse-and-simultaneously-better-for-it? Yes. But this film does it well, and I'm not going to fault it for it. I love Emma Roberts and Freddie Highmore in this film and their dynamic. They're believable and they sell the beautiful heartache that is young love wonderfully. Honestly, the only things I would have changed about this film were a few of the subplots. I'm not sure how the step-father storyline affected the storyline for instance. So all in all, if you catch this review and had been thinking about giving this one a shot but thought against it due to the overwhelmingly negative reviews - I'd ask you to give it a shot. You may just "connect to the formula" like I did.

• Nov 02, 2016

This movie was very well made, but it has been made many times before. A coming of age, whole future is ahead of you story with emphasis on the main character going through an existential crisis. SPOILERS. The solution offered to kids who may feel the same way is: just get the girl of your dreams to fall in love with you.

• Aug 06, 2016

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? THE ENDING IS NOT SATISFYING!!!!!!! (Spoiler alert: they did not kiss at the end and they needed too, that is why you should not watch the movie unless you like sucky endings that leave you feeling unsatisfied.) Other than that, the movie was okay.

• Feb 02, 2016

In summary: Nerds can win trophy girls too sometimes, and when they do, trophy girls might even have some depth.

• Jan 27, 2016

I thought it was cute

I thought it was cute

• Jan 26, 2016

anything is possible

anything is possible

• Jan 01, 2016

Existential and arty. Liked it!

Existential and arty. Liked it!