Reviews

• Jun 05, 2021

Despite the harsh criticisms, I love how avant-garde the story was filmed. Simple and direct to the point, with just the right amount of cynicism at its core. If you ask me, it's quite refreshing to watch. And if it ain't your cup of tea? then, you probably shouldn't watch it.

• Dec 10, 2020

Super sweet movie. I recommend it.

Super sweet movie. I recommend it.

• Aug 31, 2020

If you're looking for Oscars material, then move along. But if you're looking for a cute movie that makes you fondly remember the awkwardness of young first love, then this is the place for you. Freddie Highmore has certainly grown as an actor, as has Emma Roberts. Looking at Highmore's body of work, maybe the awkward, love-scared young man is his schtick. But I can't help, thinking back on my own younger days and root for George Zinavoy!

• Aug 14, 2020

I mostly enjoyed this because of the chemistry between Emma Roberts and Freddie Highmore. The plot hits a lot of the same notes that you've seen a million times.

• Mar 23, 2020

Yo, it was ok, but WTF is up with the performances dude

Yo, it was ok, but WTF is up with the performances dude

• Jan 10, 2020

I liked the movie and its interesting cast. In The Art of Getting By, the performance of Freddie Highmore brings a quiet sensitivity to his role as a coming-of-age kid learning the ordeals of a first love (Emma Roberts) that will end his ignorant childhood bliss. The film uses its New York setting nicely.

• Jan 06, 2020

Why did I have to watch this crap on my English class? This is so horrible ffs

Why did I have to watch this crap on my English class? This is so horrible ffs

• Oct 12, 2019

This is one of the better movies I have seen all year! Acting by leading characters was quite good. Story line was good.

• Sep 27, 2019

Damn, nobody liked the movie ... But me, yes. I like movies like that, well-meaning. Even when he himself does not solve all the reflection, but it is airy enough for the viewer to complete the empty spaces. A delicate work, well worked, dramaturgically competent, technically well resolved. Promises more than delivery, yet lets us take flights. That is enough. For those with super heroes Fred Flintstone and George Jetson, a story like this is enough.   Emma Roberts, as always, looks great and saves the character well. Freddie Highmore is kind of the same, but I like him a lot. So I am suspicious. But he's fine, yes. A typical teen drama, half intellectualized there, half modern with catchy dialogue. I don't know, you can have fun and it leaves a certain joy that the whole thing can really be worth it. Go there, give it a try ...

• May 19, 2019

This is one of the best movies I've watched EVER. Its very relatable and gives you a different perspective on life and it's AMAZING. It's really had a great impact on me and i'm beyond glad i ran across this movie :)