The Attack - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Attack Reviews

July 20, 2016
Ani ohevet otcha Suliman <3
February 15, 2016
Tense drama about a Palestinian surgeon living in Israel whose wife is accused of being a suicide bomber. Much less of s political polemic than a story of a man whose main relationship is potentially betrayed and lifestyle challenged. Except for one important factual incident that gets distorted in order to rationalize a character motivation, a daring and well done film.
½ November 17, 2015
Powerful movie. No easy answers, for anyone.
September 30, 2015
Best anime TV show since Cowboy Bebop!
½ August 8, 2015
A man's quest to find the truth...

Adaptation of the french novel 'The Assassination'. The movie was so good, but I had a hesitation over the contents. The movie tried to be a too smart by being a neutral, hence failed to convince on that issue. The problem was, it sets in the real world around real conflict, but the facts were excluded. So that led many countries to ban in their market. The good thing was, to I like the movie, the story concentrates on the human curiosity and emotion.

I thought it was an okay movie until the end twist. It was not that grand, but very-very simple and potent. Awesome filmmaking, could have been a top contender if it would have nominated for the Oscar. I wanted to rate it higher, but I feel something is not right as it was based on the real subject, but a fictional account. I definitely recommend it because the result could be different for you with your viewpoint.

May 20, 2015
Overall a strong film that poses some hard questions. The protagonist's decisions in the end are head-scratchers though.
April 9, 2015
A very very touching story of a husband coming to grips with the secret deadly life of his wife. The couple represents the many sides of the Palestinian people themselves.
½ February 3, 2015
Brilliant acting and a very good storyline. Highly recommend watching this movie. Interesting seeing life in Israel and the constant threat of suicide bombers.
½ January 6, 2015
A subtle and well-acted drama that does justice to the complexity of its subject matter and refuses to offer easy answers to its difficult questions.
November 20, 2014
A tragic and sad film that explores the complexity of a never-ending conflict through the impossibility of confronting someone for answers when that person is dead - and even those unnecessary details offered in the last fifteen minutes are not able to dilute its intensity and urgency.
November 8, 2014
For anyone who wishes to view both sides of a complex issue, this is the movie to see.
½ October 18, 2014
Very tense throughout, mostly because of what I thought to be unnecessary (and unrealistic) plot to make it more of a thriller than it should be.
½ July 7, 2014
Part mystery, part love story, part current events lesson, this movie is griping! Highly recommend
June 27, 2014
an arabic film about a doctor's wife who becomes a suicide bomber and how her husband never had a clue but its determine to find out why she did what she did. a very powerful film.
June 18, 2014
?? ????? ??????? ???? ???? ????? ?? ???? ?? ????? ???? ????.
June 17, 2014
Intense and suspenseful -- must see!
½ June 15, 2014
Disturbingly difficult. Beautiful evolution of character.
April 27, 2014
It's a sorrowful film, as Amin finds some answers he doesn't want to hear, and discovers that other answers are simply unknowable.
½ April 22, 2014
Surprisingly thoughtful. I've never had much tolerance for religious fanatics and/or terrorists. Not to say I do now, but this muddies the water at least a little.

The lead male is a Palestinian surgeon working in Israel. He's just won a major Jewish award. Then there is a suicide bombing and many of the victims come to his operating table. Then he finds out his wife was the bomber.

Based on the description, I thought there was going to be revenge as the husband sought the people who got his wife to become a terrorist. Instead, he becomes more aware of his heritage...I guess. In doing so, he decides not to relay any information to Israeli authorities...the same who keep his people down.

So that's where I sit. It's a well-made, thoughtful movie. I still dislike the violence, but that's me living a pretty good life in America. If someone were keeping me down every day, who knows how I might react? And I think that was the message of this film: that's it's black and white/good and bad.
April 22, 2014
Once a widower's disbelief is eliminated, searing questions must be answered. Harrowing.