The Battery Reviews

• Nov 11, 2019

If you aren't familiar with the baseball term "battery," you might have a problem understanding the title. Actually, I am familiar with it, and I still don't really understand the title. Anyway, it's very minimalist and dark, and while it is a "zombie" movie, there's little to no gore to contend with. It's an interesting approach to a genre that's usually filled with gore, of which there is none here. It's worth a watch.

• Sep 11, 2019

I've notice a greater divide between the "woke" critics and the actual audience. Here's another example of people growing tired of the politics in their escapism.

• Sep 01, 2019

Jeremy Gardner gave himself all the best stuff in this one. You'll like it if you prefer your mumblecore to get weird.

• Apr 12, 2019

in my top 10 list.......

in my top 10 list.......

• Nov 12, 2018

If you like mediocre "Juno"-esque indie music and watching a couple of bros try to coexist in a zombie apocalypse, then this is your movie. Three words: slow, slow, & disappointing. On the bright side, the acting is good and the plot is mildly unique for what it's worth. Just not that great.

• Aug 27, 2018

Definitely not a horror - nothing scary about it. Its less of a zombie flick and more of a drama about 2 friends trying to survive a post-apocalyptic war. The film goes a bit slow hence I consider it a drama.

• Jul 18, 2018

This actually was one of the best zombie flicks I've ever seen, Since I'm not a huge zombie movies fan, 3 stars is all it can get It was pretty slow but enjoyable.

• Jul 31, 2017

Aspiring filmmakers relying on clever writing and a $6000 budget. There's passion there. I didn't want it to end. It's better than 95% of the multi-million dollar horror flicks out there.

• Apr 29, 2017

love this movie. i mean absolutely love it. somehow this movie was instantly in my top 10 of all time of any genre. major or indie.

• Apr 06, 2017

When I gave this one a spin during the Halloween season, I honestly might have been suffering from a bit of horror fatigue, but I wasn't super-impressed with this. The film looks great, but the actual execution of the story was a bit lackluster for my tastes. Two baseball playing guys surviving the zombie apocalypse by sticking to remote areas, avoiding cities and looking after one another sounds fine, but when one of them is constantly putting on headphones to drown out the reality, I was losing my mind. I mean, dude, your whole life depends on seeing and hearing threats coming, suck it up and deal with the reality instead of putting both of our lives at risk! Rental?