The Baytown Outlaws - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Baytown Outlaws Reviews

May 28, 2016
I love movies that I can't figure out BEFORE it even starts. This is an action movie with heart. Original & interesting. I am sick of Hollywood & their reboots of everything over & over again. Give us something original TAKE A CHANCE! It kept me into it & I was not disappointed at all!
May 19, 2016
Great movie. Great action. The "boys" are bad, dirty, hot and sweaty that have some how get the opportunity to show they have good souls in the environment and style of life the live. There was no trailer available on Amazon so I thought, I'll give it 5 minutes.... yeah, there was no doubt we had to watch it after the job was accepted!
May 10, 2016
It was close to being great... For the genre . But it fell a bit short. The premise as far fetched as it might be was kinda captivating . The casting ended up being pretty good.
The dynamic between the bros and the boy was the most enjoyable part of the film that
And the kinship between the bros . Still I felt like we missed some of the story. Mostly fells like a idea rather than a script . I'd love to see what better filmmakers could do with this cast and idea.
April 14, 2016
Solid attempt, doesn't get where it wants to, but not for lack of trying. I am disappointed that it missed the message it tries for, but I think it's a beautifully talented cast given a crap script.
½ December 4, 2015
One mission, three guys and several obstacles.

It appears I'm watching quite a lot those scripts that featured on the blacklist films. I understand why the filmmakers hesitated to take up this project. Not that it is a bad one, but the script is not a fresh. It was a decent road-action movie, awesome characters, stunts, but a bit similar to 'The Boondock Saints'. Also a part of 'Dexter' was in it.

It was so fun to watch, about the three men who take up a job to rescue an innocent boy from the drug lord. The trio think the job is done, but the assassins pursued them for the payback. The rest of the film takes place on the road with some great battles and exchange bullets between the gangs.

It could be a good flick for a non-action film fans, but if you are an action movie fan then it is a same crap that you might have seen hundreds of times in other flicks. The villains were so weak, but the stunts were not. Especially women assassins were hyped too much and lets us down at the same pace.

Billy Bob Thornton was in a powerful negative role and he did not appear in any action sequences which is a big disappointment. He just looked like a barking dog, that's all. The reason was, to avoid overlapping with other similar movies. In that case, this film was completely borrowed from different flick and assembled here with a set of new cast and locations. But I enjoyed it, and also not fully satisfied. Very interesting ending, lets wait and see if there is a sequel for it.

6 1/2/10
½ August 12, 2015
It's a crime that The Baytown Outlaws is more moronic than humorous, even when it attempts to be serious
July 8, 2015
150708: I was set for 2.5 stars but it felt a little cruel. This movie had it all. Many great characters, lots of violent action, beautiful women, cool vehicles and a rather unique twisting story. But, it basically never gathered steam. It felt flat though it had it all. Strange. Disappointingly strange. Not even sure if I should watch it again or save it in the collection.
½ June 3, 2015
Surprised, surprised, surprised, I f**king loved it. Punch me on this one, but this is one of a heck bad ass action flick. First things first the dialogue in this film is freaking hilarious. Second, who would have thought that these 3 dumb idiot mercenaries could have even care for a kid who has a down syndrome. I think the concept of it could have been better if this one is produced on a high budget. Special mention to the guys who played the part of Brick and McQueen. These guys are so funny and they are so perfect in the roles that they're in. It tries to be a Terentino flick yet I enjoy the film and I'm laughing my ass off every single time. This is what I've wanted for a Rated R action and it satisfies me. Hell yeah, I could care less about what other critic says about this one. But a hell of a job for the movie makers who made this little straight-DVD-film and made it to the awesomeness. I enjoyed it and I could even watch it again. Solid 3.5 stars out of 5. Hell yeah!
May 22, 2015
great movie.. totally hilarial.
May 16, 2015
I didn't hate this movie. The action and story were a bit too crazy, but still enjoyable.
Really would have have been a great prequel to the film Smokin Aces, although I know they already made a prequel to that, but this would have actually been a much better one.

Recommended for fans of brainless action films.
April 15, 2015
Much better than I imagined as Billy Bob impressed once again. Great cinematography and action sequences with a kind of funny dialog.
April 8, 2015
Waiting for The Baytown Outlaws II !!!!
April 5, 2015
I thought it was humorous and fun....
March 2, 2015
For what it was, it was a very entertaining dark comedy/action/adventure. Nice cameos too.
January 14, 2015
Hilarious action movie about a trio of rednecks fighting off prostitute-assassins, land-pirates and Cherokee killers. Definitely recommended.
½ January 8, 2015
Great action flick, with some food redneck humor.
½ January 6, 2015
January 2, 2015
Hilarious bloody good time!
½ December 29, 2014
Des hors-la-loi sudistes qui tirent sur tout ce qui bouge aident une bonnasse a recuperer son fils (des griffes d'un grand mechant). Voila l'histoire. Et puis c'est tout.
On a droit aux cliches habituels dont l'amerique aime a faire étalage (le sudiste rebel, le boss renoi faineant, la pouff latino dont l'ex est un salop et dont le fils est handicapé en passant par le jeune flic de fbi incorruptible aux dents longues venu de la ville pour mettre de l'ordre)...
Carton rouge aussi a l'ideologie sous-jacente du film qui se positionne clairement comme un vigilant movie sudiste (s'il n'y avait le boss noir de la police, on pourrait considerer l'ensemble comme une propagande du KKK)...
Alors, pourquoi coller la moyenne a ce truc? Ben parce que ca fonctionne, cinematographiquement parlant. Des acteurs finalement pas degueux (les principaux en tout cas), des gun fight en veut tu en voila (mon pecher mignon, c'est vrai) plutot bien realises, une fotographie facon BD du plus bel effet et le tout servi avec une dose XXL de testosterone

Machete style, le mauvais esprit en plus :p
September 18, 2014