The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel Reviews

½ July 18, 2017
Not good at all. Dev Patel does not know how to act.
May 17, 2017
Really sweet movie with plenty of witty and dry British humour
½ April 10, 2017
"The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" is a weird, but charming mixture of comedy, romance, and drama that works mostly due to its older cast of seniors despite the rather flat story they're put in.
April 1, 2017
REALLY good acting from dev patel. somehow he out-performed the masterclass of judi dench and maggie smith. it helps that he got so many one liner's but that's thanks to the great writing by ol parker. each of the supporting cast also earned their pay.
½ March 15, 2017
An enjoyable story even if some of the characters are grumpy. And it's mixed with young love as well. It's easy to put yourself into the semi-desperate positions in which the characters find themselves. Plus there is the immersion into India's culture and mass of humanity.
March 6, 2017
I am so looking forward to viewing this I have already seen The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
½ February 14, 2017
An alright movie with a pretty good ending.
February 1, 2017
I rather enjoyed it. Once of those, a bit slow films to watch in the evening when you don't want to watch anything with adventure or explosions.
Good story, I liked how it moved along and how the characters interacted. Happy bits and sad bits too. Good quotes and lessons to take away.
Visually it was ...somewhat charming I suppose. Colourful yet grimy.
Good acting too...but then again they had really good actors here.
November 15, 2016
I see this movie and it was funny and I liked it alot and I couldn't stop laughing.
September 15, 2016
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is an excellent film. It is about British retirees who travel to India to take up residence in what they believe is a newly restored hotel. Judi Dench and Maggie Smith give amazing performances. The screenplay is well written. John Madden did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watch this motion picture because of the humor and drama. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is a must see.
½ September 9, 2016
brilliant, feel good witty film
½ August 10, 2016
A good romp that didn't take itself too seriously. Good cast all adding something to the plot. Dame Judy is amazing.
August 4, 2016
I found it charming, funny, exciting, well-acted, feel-good, beautifully shot, and well narrated. Yes some parts could've been more in depth, but I really liked how they kept going back and forth among characters. A movie about older people is both bold and refreshing in this industry. Movie makes you want to go to India.
July 16, 2016
Collect old golds and diamonds, and put them whereever and it still will be golds and diamonds.
July 9, 2016
9 characters with 9 stories, each with beginning-middle-end, told with style and humor. Amazing. Well written. Oh, and has a point too. They rarely make movies this good.
July 5, 2016
This movie did have some charm to it, but I think it was a bit longer than it needed to be. I found long periods of time were going by where I was just bored. However, everyone in it gives decent performances and it did offer a few chuckles. It's fairly mediocre, but still somewhat enjoyable.
½ June 19, 2016
It is certainly a bunch of famous old British actors, but the cheekiness is cringe-inducing 99% of the time. I'll give it some points for cinematography and all that, and when they're not making "HAW HAW OLD PEEPLE" jokes it can be pretty good.
June 4, 2016
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel's plot is formulaic and lacks emotional depth - but it is compensated by flawless acting from its seasoned cast..
May 23, 2016
Overstuffed but pleasant and enjoyable. No movie with Bill Nighy, Judi Dench, Tom Wilkinson and Maggie Smith is a waste of time.
May 15, 2016
For those familiar with the "slice of life" genre of story telling, that is what this is. It is not everyone's cup of tea, but I happen to enjoy them. This one in particular utilizes veteran actors in the best way by giving them time to develop their own story lines in ways they did not think they would go. It is a delight to watch with a satisfying ending.