The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel Reviews

½ September 25, 2015
I loved this film - it is laugh out loud funny in many places but with a depth and a charm too. Maggie Smith is of course brilliant and judi dench is classy. I also loved Dev Patel's performance.
September 21, 2015
A sweet, well-casted dramedy with a similar used type of storytelling but has its own qualities, as well being driven by their performing charms. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
September 8, 2015
Lots of ageing British stars that probably all know each other well come together for a mildy amusing and entertaining enough story of escape and starting afresh. Some of the themes and plots are worn and there's the usual foreign stereotyping too.
September 7, 2015
Why did I wait so long to watch this?
You MUST watch!
(I'm still never visiting India though! lol) ???
½ August 30, 2015
I enjoyed this movie. It's quite inspiring and dramatic and it also makes know that never too late to make any changes, you will never know what's gonna happen the next moment. After all, The only real failure is the failure to try, and the measure of success is how we cope with disappointment." and "Everything will be alright in the end so if it is not alright it is not yet the end."
August 19, 2015
The old guard of British film come together for this quirky comedy set in India. A good film to watch on your travels as I did. Not hilarious but quite nice in a lot of aspects.
August 15, 2015
When seven "elders and beautiful" Brits leave for Indin to spend their retirement, (something quite unbelievable), one expect this to be a deeply philosophical road trip motion picture. No, it is not and it does not preach. There is no big revelation, just small individual story. Maggie Smith's transition in the end is the less convincing. Well acted.
August 5, 2015
A group of British retirees decide to "outsource" their retirement to less expensive and seemingly exotic India. Enticed by advertisements for the newly restored Marigold Hotel and bolstered with visions of a life of leisure, they arrive to find the palace a shell of its former self. Though the new environment is less luxurious than imagined, they are forever transformed by their shared experiences, discovering that life and love can begin again when you let go of the past.
August 3, 2015
Charming. Funny. Beautiful. The movie is amazing. The story is truly beatiful too. The characters also lovable.
August 3, 2015
81%
Saw this on 2/8/15
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel benefits from it's well played actors (except Penelope Wilton) and some moments of genuine emotions and laughs, however, towards the last 30 minutes or so, the film becomes overly cliched and melodramatic. It also portrays India in a realistic manner. The story of Sonny and Sunaina is the worst and it's nothing but a bag of cliches and bores one a lot with enforced sentimentality. Of all the stories, that of Tom Wilkinson's was the best. Even though the film portrays women simply as people who require a male protection, actors Judi Dench and Maggie Smith proves to out do them all with credible performances.
½ August 2, 2015
Very Anti-American. It starts with a hotel doorman assuming Maggie Smith has an Australian accent (to establish Americans are ignorant and can't tell the difference between a British and Australian accent). It is followed by a diatribe on how Americans serve tea. Then, at one point the character, Maggie Smith, is asked "how was American on returning to India." Her response, "It makes death look inviting." This is just 15 minutes into the movie. I am upset I spent $5.00 to stream this tripe.
½ July 21, 2015
Good movie way more deep than the trailer portrays.
July 17, 2015
A good story perform by a group of excellent actors.
July 16, 2015
Sweet, funny and thought provoking. Great film with an even better cast!
July 13, 2015
Great film for a comfy evening at ho,e!!
July 13, 2015
Great film for a comfy evening at ho,e!!
½ July 10, 2015
A superb cast, and a sweet, touching and enjoyable film which will entertain a wide audience. Pleasantly suprised.
½ July 5, 2015
Sweet movie. Good acting as well, really liked the story.
July 2, 2015
Un beau petit film qui rend heureux. voir lorsque' il fait maussade dehors
July 2, 2015
Actually pretty enjoyable. Obvious plot twists and cliche story lines but the caliber of acting makes it surprisingly touching.