The Best of Enemies Reviews

• 4d ago

The Best of Enemies is a decent film. It is about civil rights activist Ann Atwater who faces off against C.P. Ellis, Exalted Cyclops of the Ku Klux Klan, in 1971 Durham, North Carolina. Taraji P. Henson and Sam Rockwell give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Robin Bissell did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama.

• 5d ago

Very enjoyable and moving. No masterpiece and you can see where its all going, but that doesn’t make it bad. And it is a hell of a lot more subtle than the one dimensional mallet used by Spike Lee in Blackkklansman.

• May 17, 2019

Another big box office representation of racial reconciliation that's currently prominent in Hollywood, "The Best of Enemies" still does a good job to shed light on the troubles faced by Black Americans during the Civil Rights movement without feeling too repetitive. The film seems to take a focus on the white protagonist more so than the victims of the story, emphasizing him overcoming racism instead of a win for desegregation. Sam Rockwell and Taraji P. Henson give fantastic performances as two polar opposites who eventually realize they're not that different. begging the question, "Did we just become best friends?!"

• May 14, 2019

Really good movie !!!

Really good movie !!!

• May 11, 2019

Very good inspirational movie, it could’ve been longer adding more details.

Very good inspirational movie, it could’ve been longer adding more details.

• May 09, 2019

A ho-hum picture that wants to join the library of celebratory civil rights films but I just don't think this film had a strong enough story or characters to be that compelling. I find it hard to sympathize with a Klansman which the film rather wants you to do as his character is explored and the black female half of the duo was rather empty to me except for being loud and passionate. The ending felt unearned honestly, I don't know how close to reality this film is but it felt out of left field for me. Supporting cast just felt stereotypical, evil grinning whtie racists and the gospel singing, hopeful blacks. Nothing felt addressed beyond surface level. Disappointment. I hope Sam Rockwell isn't going to be locked into this kind of roll got to say, he was great in Three Billboards but here was really one note.

• May 09, 2019

very well acted and powerful message!

very well acted and powerful message!

• May 08, 2019

This was a great movie based on a true story, great actors and well put together.

• May 07, 2019

Bad movie, in the feel good vain of green book. Reminded me of the old after school specials teaching you right from wrong in the most naive ways.

• May 06, 2019