The Big Bad Fox and Other Tales (Le grand méchant renard et autres contes) Reviews

• May 28, 2020

a really Beautifully animated film, with cute character design and details. but a lot of talking which I'm afraid would make the kids bored. Only for the ones who could feel the warmth of the jokes and the humble story.

• Nov 07, 2019

This movie completely would be one of the best Fox movies ever accomplished but it's a french film so basically you couldn't see why they're lip syncing couldn't match the voices but I don't think it matters. I see that this is 100% better then Arctic Dogs. The Big Bad Fox & Other Stories gets the final rating of 10/10

• Aug 26, 2019

fun for the whole family!

fun for the whole family!

• Jul 23, 2019

Three simple stories, simple characters, simple classic animation. That must be why it feels so good and fresh. Enjoyable, unpretentious work.

• Jan 25, 2019

A Raposa Má (2017) #MovieReview 3,5 �� Em uma fazenda, três estórias são apresentadas com seus habitantes como protagonistas. Filme de animação muito fofinho. Nos crà (C)ditos finais, aparece receita para preparar dez crepes!

• Aug 04, 2018

The film is based on the comic book stories drawn and written by Benjamin Renner, appropriately condensed for film with the added bonus of light humour only animation can deliver. Though not quite as cinematic as Ernest and Celestine, compensates with a more comedic tone, and still carries across the same huggable charm and wit, with that little hint of Roald Dahl-esque schadenfreude. The English re-dub tries it's best, but ultimately fails, with the exception of Celia Imrie as the chicken and especially Matthew Goode as the wolf. I'm no francophile, but I absolutely love watching this in French. The original actors were allowed to throw more investment in their characters, the children are a lot more adorable, and the lip syncing is more natural. Luckily, there is an English translation of the book to the Big Bad Fox that I can definitely recommend.

• Mar 14, 2018

The Big Bad Fox and Other Tales... is a wonderfully French anthology which consists of three stories: the first one is a very fast, highly entertaining and funny gag comedy, the second one is the deepest and most endearing story and the third is cute and sweet, but inferior to the previous two. The characters are very endearing and their interactions are quite amusing, its hand-drawn animation is lovely in its simplicity, the score is fantastic and the film is consistently entertaining, charming and also quite funny. It is easily the best animated film of this lackluster year.

• Nov 05, 2017

Un très beau film d'animation qui plaira à coup sûr tant aux enfants qu'aux parents autant soit peu qu'ils aient un minimum de bon goût. Les histoires sont adorables et l'animation n'as rien à envier aux studios américains tel que Pixar. Un petit moment de bonheur simple mais très efficace. Adaptation de la bande-dessinée éponyme.