The Big Fix - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Big Fix Reviews

November 20, 2016
Great film. This is how the oil industry and the government will act if they have oil near you. They spent more time handling the media and hiding the spill than actually cleaning up their mess. If you care about the environment at all them you should watch this film. At the very least this is a good resource as to what to watch for if there is a environmental disaster near you. Watch, record, broadcast. Ty to the film makers for their hard work and the risks to their own personal health in getting this info to the public.
½ September 4, 2014
The major problem with this documentary is there is no representation of the other side. It makes it hard to believe some of the sweeping statements made here, but I respect the research that has been done here.
½ September 3, 2014
We're all products of an environment.

The Big Fix is a documentary filmed by a Louisiana film maker about the state of the Gulf of Mexico in his home state. He tells the tale of the history of big oil in Louisiana and the evolution of the industry to the corrupt, conniving, and thieving industry it is now.

"His last words were, don't let me die, I've got so much to do."

Joshua Tickell, director of Fields of Fuel, Fuel, Freedom, Pump, and the upcoming Good Fortune, delivers Big Fix. The storyline for this documentary is entertaining but fairly straightforward in terms of how they covered the topic. The film does a good job of making the story current and depicting the evolution of the industry, but I wouldn't say there is anything surprising in this film.

"They then thought they could purchase a branch of the military."

I came across this film on Netflix and decided to give it a shot because it has received such positive reviews. I will say I found the film entertaining and potentially a step down from a similar picture, Grizzly Man. Overall, this is a documentary worth watching but far from a classic or must own.

"Black gold in the water."

Grade: C+/B- (6.5)
April 21, 2014
Everything you didn't want to know about bp and how it is destroying human beings and the planet.
April 12, 2014
Pretty eye opening movie.
November 23, 2013
EXPOSES THE CORRUPTION IN OUR GOVERNMENT THE GOES ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP TO COVER UP THE BIGGEST OIL DISASTER IN USA HISTORY BY BP OIL TO FOSTER YET ANOTHER LIE & COVERUP THAT LIKE KATRIA IS SRILL KILLING AMERICANS TO LINE THE POCCETS OF THE ALREADY RICH WHO ARE DESTRYING OUR PLANET FOR THEIR OWN PERSONAL GAIN AT THE EXPENCE OF HUMAN & ANIMAL LIFE AAND HOW APATHIC MOST AMERICANS ARE ABOUT SAVING THIS PLANET ONCE AGAIN I AM SICK OF THE RICH EXPLOITING THE POORBECAAUSE OF GOVENMENT CORRUTION WHEN WILL WE LEARN THAT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH??? SEE THIS FILM AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!!
September 18, 2013
A must-see! Corruption, greed and coverups at its finest.
September 6, 2013
A very well done documentary not only about the BP oil spill but the lasting results and facts about it that is pretty shocking....
April 2, 2013
Impresionante como se maneja el petroleo, la politica, el medio ambiente, pero solo hay un planeta tierra.
October 28, 2012
Simply amazing footage and information about the oil companies BP and ExxonMobil in particular. Very disturbing what has taken place in the Gulf of Mexico/Louisiana oil spill. Highly recommend checking this film out!
October 22, 2012
Powerful and heartbreaking that people are suffering at the expense of greed and the people of this country are savagely misinformed, uneducated and holding on to the most ridiculous ideals that keep us from the real issue. This needs to be screened everywhere! Everyone must campaign this issue and help save the lives of those who have been directly affected.
½ July 4, 2012
A David vs Goliath story where Goliath is beating the little guy and there is a coverup so the true story does not see the light of day.
June 23, 2012
This is an extremely well done documentary. The filmmakers do a fantastic job of covering their subject. It may be tempting to view The Big Fix as a liberal antigovernment muckraking, but as you go through the film you realize that it only appears to be muckraking because the objective truth is so ugly. Regardless of your political leaning, you can only come away from this film with a realization that our politicians and our corporations have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo, truth be damned. The filmmakers do a very good job of bringing the gulf spill repercussions to a human and individual level, making the film enjoyable - - if you can enjoy something that uncovers such ugly truths.
June 20, 2012
THANK YOU For such an inspiring and educational movie! Don't stop educating us!!!
June 19, 2012
This is one awesome and important film. If you are concerned about the state of our planet and the future of our democracy then this film should be on your bucket list... Don't wait till your bucket is empty to see Josh and Rebecca Tickell expose this tragic man made disaster and cover up... Josh and Rebecca Tickell along with Peter Fonda take us with them on their journey to the Gulf of Mexico for a first hand view the devastation of the BP Oil spill and the whitewashing of the facts... This film is so timely to the events unfolding in America today that is very important that this film get the distribution it deserves, go see it and recommend it to all your friends and family.
December 29, 2011
This powerful film is your voice. Scream it out loud.
½ November 17, 2011
Incredible, thought provoking movie. Everyone must see this film to understand what is happening to our environment
November 17, 2011
"The Bix Fix" really starts with the day BP told us the Macondo Well was no longer leaking oil. It was only then that the real suffering, and the real lying began.

This film is very well made, and is filled with new information that shows our government and media failed us.

"Inside Job" was great, but anyone who had been following the news didn't learn anything new. "The Big Fix" shocks us with new information, and throws the curtains open wide on a play that is still being acted out by the oil industry and our government.
November 17, 2011
This is what good documentary films are all about! You will be shocked and saddened by the CURRENT state of affairs STILL going on in our country and in the Gulf. All Americans should see this film. Great work!