The Big I Am - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Big I Am Reviews

½ June 29, 2014
Review:
This is another one of this British gangster movies about a guy who is down on his luck and finds himself in a impossible situation after stealing the wrong car. As usual, there's sex and violence throughout with your everyday cockney bad language. As this film came out at 2010, there was quite an audience for this type of movie in the UK, but there's just way too many of these films in this genre nowadays. Michael Madsen made the movie a slight more interesting, but the film wasn't anything out of the norm. On the plus side, the storyline isn't that bad and there is enough material to keep,you interested. Average!

Round-Up:
Leo Gregory is his usual cockney self in this movie and the switch from owing people money to becoming a crime boss, was played quite well. I would like to see him play another type of role because he seems to act the same in all of his movies. The same goes for Vincent Regan who plays a crime boss, like he does in many of his movies. Basically, the film is what it says ok the tin so don't expect anything that amazing.

Budget: $5million
Worldwide Gross: N/A

I recommend this movie to people who are into there British Gangster movies about a guy whose down on his luck until he helps a crime boss. 3/10
½ June 2, 2014
Worth watching 1 time
½ January 16, 2013
Not a bad film, just average
½ December 26, 2012
Very poor mobster movie set in London avoid because there's nothing worth watching
December 5, 2012
The Story is a wee bit confusing however if you can wrap your mind around it, The film is decent. I found it to be rather unique comparing to most other Gangster styled movies, the acting is fairly well done, however a bigger cast would have been a big improvement.
½ September 24, 2012
Really? Come on, now. Half a star for Michael Madsen. That was the only thing good about this.
½ September 19, 2012
Could have been a good film but Madsen just was not up to it on this occaision. Nearly but just not good enough.
September 8, 2012
Yet another British gangster film, and yet another poor one. Whilst it was nice to see some of the cast e.g. Phil Davis, Steven berkoff and Michael madsen you really have to question what possessed them to be in this.
½ September 8, 2012
Another British gangster movie.
½ January 7, 2012
Ungodly boring. The acting was fine but the movie itself was just so generic and hard to follow, and tried really hard to be something that it isn't.

This is a good example of a movie that thinks it's so cool by saying words like "Fuck" and "Cunt" repeatedly. I felt like I was watching one of Brad Jones' movies 85% of the time, but at least Brad Jones knew that his movies were shit, this movie is just shit without even knowing that it's shit. They say the word "Cunt" so many times in this thing, it was like some high school rebel wrote the script while watching Reservoir Dogs and having his slutty girlfriend whisper dirty words in his ear. Cocky Bastard.

The plot is...........I have no idea. So much stuff was happening all at once that I could hardly even tell what was going on. It also doesn't help that all the actors have such thick accents that I have a hard time even making out what there saying. I was totally lost from beginning to end which basically means that this movie made absolutely no sense to me.

The kills I want to say were some of the more redeeming factors of the movie, but it's too bad that we never get to see any of them. Every time someone gets shot or stabbed or there ear bitten off, it's always edited to where all you see is the after effects of whats just happened. It's hard to explain but just trust me, it's bad.

Overall, The Big I am is a boring, messy, confusing, immature waste of what is actually a cast of talented actors. Michael Madsen was cool as always but I just didn't care. I was bored and I just wanted it to end so that I could do something more worthy of my time.

Avoid this movie. Not good.
½ June 24, 2011
Un cruel giro del destino catapulta a un ladron de poca, monta Mickey Skinner en la gran liga, como jefe de una banda brutal de Londres.
½ June 22, 2011
QUALITY QUALITY QUALITY Loved this movie. Great. Check it out people!!!!!!
½ May 7, 2011
Kinda boring movie at times then it got little better then went back to being boring after a while this one slow all the way throw it was ok
May 3, 2011
could have been very good but faded badly, and too much darkie music
April 28, 2011
I stumbled upon thus film in the video shop last week and thought ooh a britflick how cool. I will rent it.

Unfortunately it was fairly bogus and generally unenjoyable.

The plot is actually ok to a point, there is a big stretch for you to buy into it. The unbelievable saris of events continues to the end.

Give it a miss
½ April 26, 2011
the birts make good gangster movies....this is a standard brit gangster movie....if you like brit gangster movies...you will like this...
½ March 16, 2011
it's actually an alright ganster flick - no masterpiece mind but a good watch.

there's nowt original here, it just rehashes a lot of old stuff but it does it well and the result is good.
October 31, 2010
It ain't no 'Spivs' or 'Lock Stock' but as a crime/drama its a good effort. If you like british cinema then this is average.
August 4, 2010
Not bad for gangster flick but way better on the Market past and present. Quite tame directing and a few good cast but mainly some muggy si's
July 28, 2010
I went in hoping this movie would be something like a Guy Ritchie flick, what with its focus on the British criminal underworld. My mistake. This is the kind of film you watch when you're bored out of your skull and having NOTHING better to do, which, funny enough, is why I watched this film in the first place.