The Big Year Reviews

• Jun 13, 2019

I've watched this movie multiple times. It's just a simple, feel-good flick (especially if you enjoy birding). If you're looking for something grand and impressive, this movie isn't for you. It's not a "film critic's movie"... but film critics seem to have a hard time enjoying the simpler things. Many people find birding boring, and many people will find this movie boring. I happen to enjoy both.

• Jan 06, 2019

I have watched this movie repeatedly. Love it. I don't understand the bad reviews. Memorable characters, performances, landscapes. Popping popcorn, calling in the fam and friends for another viewing.

• Nov 25, 2018

This movie is deserving of more love than it received. The Big Year is a feel-good, lighthearted, clean-comedy, vibrant adventure that brings a noble, decent and intelligent hobby to life. Recommend for the whole family.

• Nov 10, 2018

This film was almost good.

This film was almost good.

• Oct 26, 2018

Don't get distracted by the cast. You may expect a movie full of gags, but it is more reminiscent of "Continental Divide" than "Animal House," with a side of "Best in Show" (because it goes deep into a subculture most people don't know much about and probably don't have much respect for) Just park your expectations and enjoy the movie for what it is.

• Oct 25, 2018

Just a good movie about bird watching and the competition to be the best at something. Not really a comedy, but more of a dramedy when you consider the relationships between the three main characters and their individual struggles in family life to stay in the competition. What sacrifices are you willing to make to be the very BEST at something.

• Sep 18, 2018

I think you have to go in knowing that it's a more mild movie considering the cast. They all come across much more genuine and less 'wacky' than many of the other films they have done. I find it a nice and relaxing movie.

• Jan 25, 2018

a bunch of dumb hippies looking at birds all day and is dumb comedy

a bunch of dumb hippies looking at birds all day and is dumb comedy

• Jan 07, 2018

A fun, feel good movie. It is not a laugh fest, so don't come expecting that, but it had funny, touching, and interesting moments that make it worth seeing. Also gives cool insight into birding.

• Jan 06, 2018

this movie was wonderfully made...... great acting, excellent scenery, very cool bird sightings, and constant humor.... i can't imagine what some critics/people wanted from this movie, but i think their unmet expectations fueled their disappointments. three diverse actors with an incredible sense of humor, a great story, and seeing birders from a birder's perspective made for a movie i bought and watch frequently. additionally, the main song by eels was perfect for this movie and got me to check out all the other most excellent tunes the eels made. i encourage anyone to ignore the average movie rating and watch this movie.