The Big Year - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Big Year Reviews

July 2, 2014
This was a really cute movie. The kids enjoyed watching it too. I had never heard of this movie until today. It really showed you the purpose of what is important in life in all sizes of importance. Some have it all but really in the end what do they really have? And then there are those that give their all and themselves in so many ways, have no status and have truly so much I the end.
June 7, 2014
This actually stands as one of Jack Black's most enjoyable moments, and while far from Steven Martin's best he gives a great performance in this as well. The Big Year is surprising a great idea to collaborate two raunchy comedians like Owen Wilson and Jack Black, put them with a classic comedian like Steve Martin, and make a PG rated movie with them
May 31, 2014
Not what you would expect. An excellent weekend movie.
May 15, 2014
Increible desperdicio de talento, no es mala, pero no es buena, no es................................... A evitar
May 2, 2014
Strange but entertaining
April 28, 2014
Watchable but I wouldn't recommend working or lower middle class people paying good money to see it. Top quality people in it - which means significant money went into making it - so I'd expect much better out of the talent and budget...
½ April 27, 2014
Nice and natural, as birdwatching.
April 21, 2014
It's about the birds.
½ April 17, 2014
So, let me get this straight. These guys waste a year of their lives chasing birds, they don't keep a record of the sighted birds, not even a picture to share with other birds lovers guys, and even so, they consider this a feat? for real? is this a real story? is there real people in the world wasting their money and time, only to brag about they watched x number of birds with no proves?
Hollywood should open a new category, aside a bin trash, named "movies about feats nobody gives a shit": this is included side by side with "Julie and Julia".
April 14, 2014
Nothing special about this film they just overused and abused the comedians as plan to have a worth watching movie but unfortunately it was a big waste of time
½ April 7, 2014
I actually enjoyed this movie somewhat. Great cinematography, and an interesting idea for a movie. Love the actors. Unfortunately it was drawn out too long, and could be hit-or-miss for a good majority of people.
½ April 6, 2014
Like real life!!!
Nice movie!
March 23, 2014
Surprisingly large cast of good actors. Was very suspicious of the plot when it began. Gave it a chance and while I won't remember it for anything groundbreaking, it was cute and entertaining for a lazy Sunday.
March 4, 2014
I don't care what people say I like this movie a lot
½ February 25, 2014
Heavyweight comics join forces in this cute comedy about, of all things, birdwatching. Likeable, but not enough substance to really hit the mark.
February 23, 2014
weak on story and too generic and boring at times to be at least be as funny as it would like to be - 4.5/10
February 21, 2014
I love Steve Martin. He is one of my favorite actors.
February 19, 2014
Has it moments; not what you would want from these three though.
February 10, 2014
You know, I don't think this was a bad movie. It was just a quiet movie. It wasn't a hilarious movie, but that doesn't make it bad. I think if you step into it without thinking of it as a comedy that it will be more enjoyable. It probably helped that I had this on as background noise while I was busy with other tasks.
February 7, 2014
Perfect movie if your daughter is a bird lover. Only a great movie for the rest of us. The characters were fully human, well-rounded, and had good conversations. I can't remember the last time I saw movie that was so character driven and interesting. Even supporting cast, and there was a lot of them, had nuance to their characters.