The Big Year - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Big Year Reviews

December 21, 2014
The movie is not super hilarious, just pleasantly fun all along. At first, it seems contrived to follow the three heroes somewhat excited and competing for something that should not, but after some time, we start to believe in the possibility. Past that point, we feel more a love than a desire for hilarity. It is a nice cuddly movie that made me feel thhere is hope for the human race. Unfortunately, the reality and global warming will probably eliminate many of these so extraordinairy flying animals.
November 3, 2014
Though it wasn't terribly funny it was still a fun watch with some great characters and thoughtful direction.
September 30, 2014
A movie about bird watching┬┐ Fuck no.
½ September 19, 2014
I don't really care to much for Jack Black or Owen Willson, but I was really surprised at how much I liked them in this movie
September 1, 2014
Good movie with some great cinematography, which raised it from a 3-star to a 4-star rating.
August 31, 2014
Everyone has a big year!
August 21, 2014
Three disparate men, each facing unique personal challenges, try to outdo each other in the ultimate bird-watching competition in 1998 -- the year El Nino brought an unprecedented number of species to North America. Their quest takes them on an unforgettable trek throughout North America.
August 17, 2014
Loved the movie. Set aside what you think about birds and these actors and just enjoy the movie. Also, reading the book helps a lot too. I'm looking forward to watching it again!
August 11, 2014
It's not the best comedy out there, but kinda heartwarming. I never knew bird watching would be taken so seriously. I admire everyone with passion for whatever they do.
½ July 29, 2014
Pretty interesting movie with great performances and a decent premise. It also has some good cinematography as well.
July 29, 2014
I enjoyed it as a kid.
½ July 10, 2014
I went into this film with absolutely no expectations. In fact, the only reason why I went into this film at all was because there was nothing else out that I hadn't already seen or wanted to see, and this had a rather decent cast of veteran comedic actors. I knew nothing about this film other than it was about bird watching (or should I say, birding). That being said, when I came out of the theatre, I was in awe at what a gem of a movie I had just watched. The comedy is underplayed to a terrific effect and while some may criticize the fact that all three actors are essentially playing themselves, I say, how is that a bad thing with a comedy like this? In fact, part of the reason why the film works as well as it does is because of the perfect casting choices across the board. All in all, this film is a terrific surprise and one of the best comedies of the year thus far!
July 2, 2014
This was a really cute movie. The kids enjoyed watching it too. I had never heard of this movie until today. It really showed you the purpose of what is important in life in all sizes of importance. Some have it all but really in the end what do they really have? And then there are those that give their all and themselves in so many ways, have no status and have truly so much I the end.
June 7, 2014
This actually stands as one of Jack Black's most enjoyable moments, and while far from Steven Martin's best he gives a great performance in this as well. The Big Year is surprising a great idea to collaborate two raunchy comedians like Owen Wilson and Jack Black, put them with a classic comedian like Steve Martin, and make a PG rated movie with them
May 31, 2014
Not what you would expect. An excellent weekend movie.
May 15, 2014
Increible desperdicio de talento, no es mala, pero no es buena, no es................................... A evitar
May 2, 2014
Strange but entertaining
April 28, 2014
Watchable but I wouldn't recommend working or lower middle class people paying good money to see it. Top quality people in it - which means significant money went into making it - so I'd expect much better out of the talent and budget...
½ April 27, 2014
Nice and natural, as birdwatching.
April 21, 2014