The Bill Murray Experience Reviews

• Sep 24, 2018

For me, the first two thirds of this documentary was painful and sad to watch, as a charismatic and vivacious actress Sadie Katz (who also directed the film) became totally obsessed in having her own Bill Murray Experience, driving herself to the point of having to check into a hospital for exhaustion. What is a Bill Murray Experience? Reportedly, the iconic actor and comedian would, on occasion, randomly crash events such as ice cream socials, bachelor parties, and kickball games, much to the shock and delight of the attendees there. Thus, with her engagement called off and other circumstances in her life taking a downward trend, Katz decided to devote herself completely to the project of tracking down Murray for a one of a kind life experience. As mentioned, watching this unfold early on made me often squirm in my seat, but towards the final third of the movie, we'll see an art show completely devoted to hardcore fans of Murray, which I found interesting. (Who knew)? Then there was an interview with the actress P.J. Soles, who offered up to Katz some juicy tidbits on her working with Murray on and off the set of Stripes. I won't write spoilers here and reveal how this all turned out, but I thought the doc's near 180 as it progressed made the film much more palatable as a watch, at least for me.

• May 23, 2018

Wow. You might think this a movie about Bill Murray, but it is a Voyeuristic journey where you watch a beautiful young woman unravel and self destruct. This movie made me feel good about myself and my life choices. But I definitely want to know how she is now and what Bill Murray thinks of the whole thing.