The Bitter Buddha - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bitter Buddha Reviews

August 12, 2015
You have seen this guy on many shows and if you love unapologetic humor(what other kind is there) you will love this gloomy Gus. He will crack you up.
June 1, 2015
A touching portrait of an artist struggling to move past his own issues to forge a path back to the career that those issues de-railed. Steven Feinartz manages to make an honest film, but never at the sacrifice of the dignity of Eddie Pepitone. What emerges is a film that is entertaining, insightful and encaging. Pepitone's career may be different than most of us, but this documentary gets to the true heart of why we love comics --- they are brave enough to use the tragedy and challenges of life and fuel into an art form that aside from the results being angry and funny --- the strongest comedians are those to whom we relate. Pepitone's story is powerful glimpse into the strength of being human.
½ August 27, 2013
Halfway-decent doc, but a good window into Eddie Pepitone's life. I'm a fan of his, but I dunno if this would be a good introduction to him if you aren't already one.
June 1, 2013
A good view for any comedy nerd (like me).
½ March 8, 2013
Not worth it, don't waste your time
March 3, 2013
Fun doc about one of the most underrated stand-ups around
March 2, 2013
Awesome documentary about one of the best stand ups ever. Loved it.
March 1, 2013
A great documentary about a dude who finally found his own unique voice in his 50s. It also illustrates to me that stand-up comedy is a thankless business that doesn't seem worth the effort.
February 17, 2013
Very funny with a bittersweet twist. This guy has been through a lot and keeps on going. Did I mention it was very funny? I enjoyed it thoroughly.