The Black Panthers: Vanguard Of The Revolution Reviews

• Jan 24, 2019

The world was robbed when Fred Hampton was murdered.

The world was robbed when Fred Hampton was murdered.

• Jul 21, 2018

A fantastic documentary about so much of the untold story of the Black Panthers, as well as the targeting of activists by the FBI and others in law enforcement.

• Jun 12, 2018

true heroes of there time!

true heroes of there time!

• Jan 12, 2017

All Power to the People

All Power to the People

• Jun 06, 2016

Review: This is an extremely deep documentary about the rise and fall of the Black Panthers in America, and I must admit, I did find some of it slightly boring. Don't get me wrong, I did find the subject matter very interesting and the various interviews with fellow members and witnesses to the terrible police brutality towards them, was very touching but it does drag a bit and I personally don't find watching Black people getting treated like animals, that entertaining. I was left feeling extremely bitter when this graphic documentary had finished but I still learnt a lot about this powerful movement. The different scenarios which are highlighted throughout the movie, were quite shocking, especially the corruption with the law, but it was still good to see how far a radical group can go, when they pull together to fight for there rights. I will say this though, you really have to be in the right frame of mind to watch it because there are some scenes which are pretty upsetting but it's still worth a watch. Anyway, if your into your black history films, then this is definitely the movie for you, because it's an important part of history which will never be forgotten. Watchable! Round-Up: This documentary was written and directed by Stanley Nelson, 60, who has brought you various documentaries, like The Black Press, Marcus Garvey, Beyond Brown, A Place Of Our Own, Jonestown, Wounded Knee and Freedom Summer, which are all based around important periods in black history. He certainly done well to get interviews with different Black Panther members and officers of the law but it really didn't have to be nearly 2 hours long. Budget: N/A Worldwide Gross: $600,000 I recommend this movie to people who are into their documentaries about the rise and fall of the Black Panthers. 5/10

• Mar 09, 2016

Interesting reminder of the history of recent oppression (in my lifetime) and the significance of the Black Panther party. still on BBC iPlayer

• Mar 05, 2016

Having lived through the history, the movie, while well made, seemed somewhat superficial and facile.

• Feb 29, 2016

Sure, you've heard the phrase 'Power to the People' and maybe seen old pictures of African-Americans wearing shades and black leather jackets but how much do you really know about the Black Panthers group? In the mist of Malcolm X, Martin Luther King and the general Civil Rights Movement, I feel the actions of this more radical Black organisation tend to be pushed to the back pages of an important period of American History. This documentary follows an old-fashioned structure but it successfully introduces viewers to this controversial black movement by covering a broad range of topics while showing good footage. Therefore, it should satisfy anyone looking for clearer, though perhaps not in-depth, insight into the Black Panthers.

• Feb 28, 2016

Overlong and ponderous at times, but a fine education on the rise and fall of an important protest movement. Highly topical, too.

• Feb 26, 2016

I really like this movie.

I really like this movie.